Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Joolz

How about a tribute night to Cher / Shania Twain?

Wednesday night throughout the season at Goodfellows!

If that's blatant advertising, I apologise, but you did ask, and no-one else had answered. We have had many celebrations throughout the last 3 years, and if we know in advance, we can make a bit of a fuss. Just a thought.

Cheers

Adam
Thanks for the reply and the invite Adam!!!

I should of said the date we will be celebrating - it's the Thursday, 3 May. The tribute night sounds ideal, do you have anything on the Thursday night?

Thanks.
Hi Joolz

We haven't yet sorted out our full programme for the season - Monday and Friday will be our Hypnotist Show, which is very popular, Wednesday wil be our Cher / Shania Twain Tribute night, but we've yet to nail down what night our "Dolly Sisters" Drag show will be (maybe Thursday) and we have a couple of other acts which we're considering at the moment.

However the shows only last from about 10 until midnight, then we kick in with our Disco / Karaoke, which goes on until 4am. In May we should also have Matt Williams with us, who does a very good Elvis Tribute, so there's a pretty good variety.

Incidentally we actually had a group from Newcastle in last night celebrating a birthday. They are staying in Santa Ponca, where they tell me nothing is open, and they came in a fleet of taxis, and we had to prise them out at 4am this morning!

If you wanted to do something special (Cake, decorations, kissogram etc etc) then we can organise things like that as long a we have enough notice. Sorry to use the board as an advertising medium, but if you want further info maybe you could pm me.

Cheers

Adam
What about a night at the Pirates Show in Magaluf? We have been for the last two years and I'm taking mother when we go in May for her birthday. It's not just for the kids - everyone will enjoy it, and you get food / drinks included in the price. It only last for a couple of hours but will set you up for good night out on the town - maybe at Goodfellows!!! Might even visit when we are there in May.
Whatever I say now is going to sound biaised! :?

I think Pirates is very good, and if you've not been it's a must, but is it a place to celebrate a birthday? I'm not sure. The drinks are included, but you are limited to a narrow selection - no spirits etc. Also if there is a party of people they are not guaranteed to be sat at the same table, which themselves are very cramped, and although I've never had to queue, there always seems to be a massive queue outside.

Having said that I will plug the Pirates Charity Night which normally takes place the first or second Saturday of May, and may hopefully co-incide with your holiday. Normally there is a very good turn out of celebs and although it's more expensive (maybe 60 euros a ticket) it's all in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital so you don't mind.

We normally book a table for the event (8 people) and if anyone is interested in joining us, please let me know.

Cheers

Adam
Goodfellow where is your bar in relation to the Sol Magaluf Park?
I have had advice of you for the M/Park but would you know the best floor/area to stay there as we can request prior to departure.
I have read reviews stating that some floors are very noisy or have building work around them, I would like a decent view, noise doesnt really bother me as after a few drinks you cant hear a thing!!
Hi Liz

We're not far from Mag Park, but we can only go on what we're told. The work is still continuing on the "House of Kathmandu" next door, although I think it's mainly internal work now. I'm also pretty sure that they will have soon finished the work on Air Conditioning the first 3 floors, so it should be OK.

Cheers

Adam
Thanks Adam
Will call into your bar for a few when we get to Magaluf, theres 8 heavy drinking scousers heading your way so be prepared for late nights!!
Thanx again Liz.
8 Heavy Drinking Scousers?

:omg

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

Cheers

Adam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.