France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
You could also look up the Paris Travel Service and Travelscene web sites for details of breaks offered. Perhaps in your case, Trip Advisor may be useful for rating the hotels as there are so many in Paris, that it can be hard to track them down.
When do you intend to go?

What level of hotel are you looking for? 2*, 3*, 4*? Full board, half board or just B&B.

Do you mind which area the hotel is in? Central, near an attraction ie. Eiffel Tower or Sacre Coeur. Or do you just want somewhere convienient for most things.

TBH based on the price you were quoted I would say you could be overcharged. We went to Paris last September and paid £380 for 5 nights in a B&B in the Place d'Italie. Not in the centre but convienient.
I'm looking to go around mid June, 3* minimum and idealy a within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower
I appreciated the prices will be high as they are from a travel agent, I have thought about booking the seperate parts myself but it just seems like alot of hassle.
I'll checki out those websites Alsacienne cheers :)
Interestingly (and surprisingly) (I thought), one of the sunday papers last week compared prices of several city breaks either diy or via a tour operator, and they nearly all came out cheaper when booked as a whole package.

Gill
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.