Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday and it was nice to read your report. We changed our usual transfer company this year to a Marmaris based one due to unsatisfactory business practice from the one we have used for a few years and so far we have been very pleased with them. I think we have used them about 7 times and no problems. I will happily pass on details by PM if anyone wants them.
mayfair26, Name and shame this transfer company as it might help others to avoid them in future, Good you had a great time considering the start.
mayfair

Great post and pleased you had a great time. I visited the Grand pasa to see a friend in JUly and thought the Hotel looked wonderful.

Wilson ;)
Thanks or sharing, I love reading other peoplesreports.... we sw the storms too!

I will have a look a the Grand pasa.

love nikki xx
JMK could you PM the details of your transfer company please :)

If anyone wants to know the name of the company we used let me know and I will PM the details

:cheers
Your husband says efes is cheapest on the marina front!! lol i have a proper funny story :)
We went for a stroll to the marina one evening we ordered our drink while the kids mest about ,doing whatever they do. Efes 6 lira I though that aint to bad considering im right on the front etc.. when it turned up it was a half, well we proper curled up!

anyway my son came over asking for a drink, my wife kindly explained if you want a drink you can use your own little bit of spending money haha! :tongue

haha :)

I know how you feel about being an unhappy camper when you first arrive :duh
and that's before they add the service charge down by the marina!!! :yikes

lol we never eat or drink there, tight bird I am!!!!! :rofl

love nikki xx
It was happy hour that lasted all day! :rofl
mayfair26
sorry to hear about your transfer nightmare did the company offer any kind of compensation to you as an apoligy for ruining the start of your holiday, im abit worried that you booked a private transfer and the driver got lost. :que it does not sound that you had a professional service which you payed for write or email the company and demand answers to why this happened and ask for refund.
keep us all informed of the outcome of ordeal

We had a few minor hitches here and there, we booked a private transfer thinking we would be out of the airport sharpish...wrong lol We had spent over half an hour looking for our driver (we were informed we would not miss him he would have our names on a placard) Another driver spotted us (looking bemused and slightly forlorn) and led us to him there was someone elses details on his card so no wonder we couldnt find him lol he kept us waiting until 5.30am (our flight landed at 3.30am) When we finally got over the mountain and into Marmaris he got lost lol not a notion of where he was going at all, he asked us for directions then took us to the wrong hotel We were in Icemeler at one point It was nearly 8am by the time we got to check in! We were not happy campers at that point. So much for private transfers will think twice about using that company again!
I dont understand why the original poster wont tell us who this company is, Not much point in giving us bit's and pieces, And we dont get thechance to discuss the pathetic treatment this holidaymaker had with this company.
rwb46

I have not complained to the company thats why I did not name them. I thought I was being fair but in hindsight should not have mentioned it at all.

All I wanted to do was share my "bits and pieces" with the forum as I like to read other peoples reports myself.
Mayfair I can completely understand why you havnt complained, its so much chew on, our hotel got overbooked and we ended up staying in another for 2 nights

I wouldnt complain what are they going to say:

Sorry to hear what happened. heres £20 of your next holiday with us

oh right, thanks much apprieciated! lol
We had arranged private transfer this year.

On arrival at Dalaman no sign of the driver for approx 10/15 mins and then he appeared. We then had to wait on others coming off the flight who had been held up a bit but that was no fault of the driver.

We stayed in Armutulan and unfortunately the driver didnt know where our property was. He stopped I think 4 locals but nobody new the property. However, we eventually found it but there was only a delay of another 10/15 mins. Wouldnt dream of complaining about this. Return transfer without a hitch and I would do private transfer again!
mayfair
why dont you try holiday taxis. com they are very good i have been using them for the last 3 years and they are always waiting for you at the airport,
give them a try,
tony
we booked a private transfer in july 2008, by my calculations we would leave airport 15 mins before coach, car would cut 15 mins off journey time, no other hotels to stop at , we would arrive at least an hour before the coach. Reality,last to get suitcases, driver arrived late, no car it was a minibus, got to hotel handed over passports and coach passengers were standing beside us. no advantage at all.
http://WWW.Holidayhoppa.com is good, they are also called transfer4cheap, but they are in my opinion very cheap yet very organised, they were great last year and we have booked with them again this year. They also offer you the option of paying the driver when you arrive, or you can just pay at the time of booking. They charge £15 each return

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.