Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thank you for a brilliant review Nikki. Glad you still managed to have a good time even though the little one was poorly, nothing worse on holiday eh!

Glad to know she is on the mend though.
nikkickick

Firstly hope the wee one is much better. Appreciate you taking the time to do the report which I enjoyed reading, it's good to get an accurate assessment of the prices etc. I saw a pic of Club Turquoise the other day and the board said 5ytl for a pint so it's good to know it's on a par with elsewhere. Tastie Bites usually gets a visit from us and I was sorry to hear the Garden didn't open up again. I like the trip through to Icmeler too so thanks for the update on that too.

Wilson ;)
beachfront will be quiet and the bars will suffer as bar street is now the place to be for those wanting to party. I can see beachfront struggling without the younger ones. My friends out there said Bar street has been jumping since May and beachfront is dead.
Thank you for your review Nikki.

We are going to Turkey for the first time in August to Icmeler, so your review of prices etc was very relevant to me. We will probably go on the boat trip from Icmeler to Marmaris. I am really looking forward to the holiday but not looking forward to the airport bit!

Hope you have a better time on your return visit in September

Take care

Yvonne
Awww I need to go back!

Just watching the England game on my sofa.... this time last week I was watching England when it was hit hot hot with a nice cool efes followed by a fishbowl of sex on the beach..... vino at home just isn't the same!

I have been looking at holidays already, thinking club aida, club Julian or Cettia!

Love Nikki x x x
thank you for a good report i think that is absolutley shocking what thomas cook are doing with the luggage weight even when you say you were 6 kilos under.i will have my weighing scales in my hand luggage when i go...thanks
Some very useful information,many thanks Nikki.
Paying for a trolly is a new one for us. Has there always been a charge for airport baggage trollys at Dalaman Airport ?
Hi
we have found this...you are over your weight trick common in many airports of late... coming back from Goa they tried the same thing...we slipped the fella a £10 (there were 12 of us and it was a nightmare) and hey ho our bags were suddenly ok... The UK companies really do need to get a grip on this at foreign airports, they need to start checking the accuracy of the scales.
Our suitcases weighed 2 kgs more on the return journey despite using all toiletries etc,leaving books and some sandals.
Luckily we had paid the £15 for the extra 5 kgs before we went so were under the 20kg allowance .
It does make me wonder about the accuracy of the airport scales which weighed heavier than our baggage scale.
How long will it be before the passengers are made to stand on the scales. :que :rofl :rofl
In my experience, scales in Turkish airports are as accurate as anywhere else i've travelled. They are calibrated my cases have always been the weight I expected. This has been discussed frequently on the Dalaman Airport ... facilities, prices, Q&As topic. Many travellers, including myself, always have a set of travel scales in order to weight suitcases for the return journey. That way, there are no surprises or excess charges at check-in. More details on the Luggage Scales - brilliant, topic.

Jay Trip wrote:
How long will it be before the passengers are made to stand on the scales

When travelling on certain smaller aircraft types and helicopters, it's already a requirement!

Darren
I always take my baggage scales with me but dont bother to weigh my cases for the return journey as I know they are bound to be lighter as I leave books ,toiletries ,shoes etc but they still weigh heavier that they were at check in at my local airport. :que
I always pay for the extra 5kgs even though I never take the 20kgs but just cant stand the hassle at check :rofl :rofl in.
Sorry to go :offtop
Hi nikki sorry to hear about the little one hope she is better now just wondered if you went down the flume haha it's amazing the facilities at the azur aren't they did u get pampered?!
I have heard loads of stories about Dalaman scales being out and I do usually take my scales with me but like Jay trip I knew I was under as I had left so much behind! It does annoy me that my 3yr old daughter who weighs about 2.5 stone can't have an extra kilo or two when she is paying the same for her seat as a big 7ft guy weighing 18 stone :think

but hey ho, this is the rule so we will abide by it!

We all loved the flume at the Azur, it was fab and very refreshing as that pool was cooler at the end! The lazy river was lush too, so relaxing! I have priced up next year in a suite this time (a normal room is way too small for a family of 4) but it is coming out at £3700, eeeeeeeeek! Best get saving now then!

If they had better rooms and a better kids club it would be awesome, the food was so good. The chinese corner could tell my local chinese a thing or two and as for the strawberries and cream omg mmmmmmmmm drooooooool! The strawberries here taste nothing like those big juicy yummy ones :D

I want to fo back! x x x x x
Nikki,

Was the noisy hotel the Sunrise??

When we stayed there a few years back, all the noise came from a Dutch bar next door to that, but it thankfully went off at 1am.

Hope the little one is well again soon.

We also bunged a guy a few quid and our overweight luggage miraculously came in OK. :tup
Hi there,

I am not sure what the hotel was called but our room was over looking their pool and the stage/bar and omg it was soooooooo loud! Thankfully it shut at 12 if it was 1am I would have gone mad.... not that I am an old party pooper or anything, I still like clubing and a few cheeky vinos!

I am well shocked at all these back handers at the airport! I will try that next time if needed, heehee! x x x x x
We always avoid the check in desk where there is a jobs worth with a clipboard. :rofl :rofl :rofl
These seem to be the most strict at charging for excess baggage,but even here in the UK they are really strict.
The bloke in front of us last month was charged £60 and couldnt even put anything in his hand luggage as he had a laptop.
I just dont understand it !! Our wieght was spot on leaving Manchester,we left our towels in storage at the apts along with other things,used up toiletries,coffee etc,we didnt buy anything and yet at Dalaman we was nearly 2 kilos over!!!fortunatly we were not charged. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.