General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Holiday Reviews
17 Posts
In the not to distant future, the site will automatically add peoples user names to their reviews.

TNG
I think that is an excellent idea...I write plenty of reviews of places I have been but can't actually remember if I put my user name or not....

Is is possible for guests of the site to write reviews or do you have to be a member? I was wondering how guests would go about writing a review.
guests can and do write reviews. Only the email is needed incase something needs to be checked up.
Fiona I think Justval maybe referring to TNG's post about members not having to add usernames in the future? (That's how I read it anyway :think )
Van told me last year that he hoped in the future to add that feature. We do help one another as well as strangers here on HT. So much better if we know the username of who has posted a review we are then able to PM them with a question and get a sensible answer. If a member here says a place is good or bad I am more likely to believe them than on other forums. At the very least our members tell it as it is. It is also the little things that it often does not tell you in the brochure. Is there a hairdryer for example.

fwh
This does not apply to me but some people may have usernames so that they can't be identified. So will the new facility just enable you to use your username and not your real one (although I suppose you have never actually had to use your real name)!
The current system allows you to use your username or any other. It is completely anonymous. I have always used fwh when writing a review.

fwh
The plan is that a user profile will show all reviews written by that member with links to said reviews. The review will also point back at the user profile. I dont want to give too much away yet, but members profile pages will become personal homepages as such, with interactions from across the new site being incorperated. Its very exciting :)
It does sound very exciting - good luck with it all :tup
:yikes ....getting a bit complicated for me...wont know wether Im coming or going...tweetie
Excellent .. sounds brilliant , really looking forward to it .
ooh, it does sound great. I'm really looking forward to it now :)
My previous reviews are in my username too. :tup
Sounds great. Really like the idea that you can more easily connect users with reviews they have provided :tup
Be interesting to see how you combine the old ones . Assuming that will be a lot of hard work TNG
mine are a bit of a mess, some are under my username, some under my first name, some under the family name and I use different locations, ie the town or the county or London :oops: :oops: :oops: It all seems to depend on how anonymous or how the mood takes me on the day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.