Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
holiday search
7 Posts
What do you like to do at night ? Do you like a lot going on ?

I travel to Paphos every year and it's just enough for me. We sunbathe or sight see during the day and in the evenings we enjoy a meal.

Kath HT Admin
Have a look at the Capo Bay and the Sunrise Beach,both in Protaras.
Thomsons have a good Gold hotel(no kids) in Nissi Beach,the Tasia Maris.
Most,if not all of the hotels on the main coast road in Paphos are all minimum 4 star though the beach is nowhere as good as the east side resorts.And there's the Ascos Coral(Thomson Gold I think) and Crown Resorts Horizon up at Coral Bay,a better beach by far than the Paphos ones.
Like Kath says, its what you want most out of your holiday x ray...... :D I have never been to Paphos, so couldn't possibly comment........ but have been to Protaras on 3 occasions...... I'm married with 2 children 14 and 12..... we first went 5 years ago and we loved it! Lovely beaches..... plenty to do..... and good food and drink.... and in Cyprus the people are wonderful aswell, very friendly :wink: ... the Sunrise beach is in a lovely location... right on the beach...... half way between the "strip" with all it's bars, restaurants and shops etc aswell :)
If it is beach you want then I would go East (Ayia Napa, Protaras, Pernera, Kapparis - in my perceived order of "busy-ness"). There *are* some very nice beaches in the West (Paphos end), but they are few, and some not so easy to find.
x-ray,
Try the Tasia Maris Beach on Nissi ave Ayia Napa,our hotel of choice Thomsons Gold NO kids nice beach over the service road (Sandy Bay) we have 2no visits this year 1 week in May 2weeks in Sept.
I have a suggestion.
Don't go half board, go b & b.

Most hotels cater for British/Western European palates.
There are dozens and dozens of restaurants in the areas suggested, and beyond, serving excellent local cuisine.
Give some of them a whirl.

Mark
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.