General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Cassie,

Have you thought about going to the Algarve? We were there the first week of December last year and we didn't see a cloud in the sky the whole time! You can check out the November weather on Wunderground. You could check out the Balearics and Canaries too.

I don't know what kind of place you like to stay in, but the Algarve has something for everyone - and some of the best beaches in Europe.

Edited to shorten weblink, which was stretching page displays
David HT Mod
we have been to monte gordo on the algarve and Nerja Costa Del sol and torex Costa on the Costa Del sol in December had fairly decent weather every time from memory we had one day of rain on each, for the best weather close to home that time of year i would recommend anywhere between Nerja and Torres Del mer (more will be going on in Nerja) as they are both in an area with a microclimet, you can be sitting outside a taverna in brilliant sunshine and watch the clouds split around the mountains and the likes of malaga will get horrendous storms, the only problem is if the weather fronts move in from the med..

wizard
I live in this area and agree that the climate is great. At that time of year sun is not guaranteed, but it still often shines and you still see plenty of people on the beaches. Even on a dull day, it isn't cold.
I live midway between Torrox and Torre del Mar and my winter coat has been unused for so long I'd be embarrased to go back to England in it.
This area is known as having the best climate in Europe and when you live here, you can see why.
Sorry, I meant to add that when it does rain, it's either 3 spits or a torrent!
Most of the rain seems to fall in Oct & Feb, for some reason, but luckily it never lasts for long.
Cassie12

If you want to travel within Europe then it has got to be the canaries at that time of the year. I went to Majorca one year in October and it was freezing with blustering winds and believe it or not the local newspapers were forecasting snow - home from home :D

Rgds Jackie
Canaries every time....there are good deals to be had at that time of year and i have been to Tenerife, Lanza and Gran Can at various times in the year and we have had decent weather most times. (there was a tropical storm in Lanza that lasted about 3 days a couple of years ago..)..
hi travelling to salou soon with three kids youngest geing 22 months dreading it anyone any experience with a child so young will i need a holiday when i come back any tips please :lol:
oops wrong place i think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.