Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Holiday Theft
13 Posts
Thats awful crendon I hope you get paid out for all your stuff :cry how did you manage to get home without the passports ??.colleen
Spent the day at the british consulate and had to pay 220 euros for three emergency passports which you have to give up when you get home.
Hi you will be able to claim of your insurance as long as you have your receipts for what was stolen, you will also need a police report.

I cannot see how you can expect Thomson's to pay you compensation for this happening.
It may have happened often but thats not their fault.
would you not expect to be told that this was a real risk, i went to the welcome meeting and the rep said to watch out for pickpockets around the town but nothing about the apartments.It completely ruined the last three days of the holiday as my eldest was scared to leave the apartment for any length of time and i spent 3/4 of a day at the police station and the following day the 4 of us had to spend most of it at the British Consulate.
:(
hi crendon,
sorry to read about what happened.

i hope everything gets settled to your satisfaction, including cost of emergency passports.

all the best.
percy123.
Can you name the apartments and town, to warn other holiday makers who may have booked there?
After the robbery took place while speaking to the Rep,Manager and receptionist it became apparent that this wasn't an uncommon occurence in the area, but we were never warned about this and feel we did everything within our power to keep our belongings safe.

It's not an uncommon occurrence anywhere in the world, including the UK, and you can't expect any more than your holiday insurance to honour your claim in accordance with its terms and conditions.

Peter
What a dreadful thing to happen. :( I think it would have ruined my holiday as well. Hopefully you should get everything back from your insurance. I don't really see how Thomson can be held responsible for a theft, if they chose not to use apartments where there was a chance of theft then their brochures would be empty I'm afraid, as it can happen anywhere. You did the right thing having a safe, so at least your claim should go through hassle free. Hope it's sorted quickly.
That's bad luck mate but I reckon you will get the value of most of your stuff back (maybe not the Euro's as policies usually exclude the theft / loss of cash)...

I cannot see how you can expect Thomson's to pay you compensation for this happening.
It may have happened often but thats not their fault.

Got to say I agree with this note. Unfortunately, you probably won't be liable for a compensation claim

Your best bet is to research the area before booking, using forums like this one ;)
hopefully the insurance will replace all the lost items, and maybe a certain amount of the cash....

being warned about the hotel is a hard one, where ever we stay we are always very security concious, and with the best will in the world, places get broken into, i dont see how you can ask for compensation.......would you, if your home got broken into here?

we always ask for a high up room, as i feel safer there, as its harder to get in etc. other than use the safe like you did, and research plenty before you book, not much else you can do i am afraid.....

i do hope the insurance gets sorted, and i am pleased you are all safe....
we always ask for a high up room

Nice Idea, why didn't I think of that... :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.