Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Stumpy, I suppose booking the AI package before you go or sorting it out when you get there all depends on the best price that you can get, i.e, which would be more beneficial for you.
I believe that you can book direct with the hotel.

Hi Louie, from what I can remember, none of the blocks are any closer to the main pool. There are actually two main blocks which are both connected to the big reception area. Both of the blocks have a few exits and both have lifts with good access to all of the amenities.
Actually, as an afterthought, when we were there, we were situated in the Paraiso block. When going to the restaurant for our meals, we had to get a lift down to the ground floor, walk through reception then walk down two flights of stairs. With a child with limited mobility, this could well be a bit of a headache for you. In the other block, (can't remember what it was called,) they had a lift that went down to the floor that the restaurant was on.
Anyone feel free to correct me if I've got this wrong.
Regards
Hi, the Holiday Village has some rooms that are adapted so it might be worth ringing First Choice accommodation helpline to see if you can specifically reserve one. I would definately suggest you price up online with Eclipse and then see if First Choice will match it, we have found this saves a considerable amount of money on most holidays we priced up. Good luck!
Hi everyone,

We will be visiting the Holiday Village in late April. We will be taking our 9 month old baby with us on holiday for the first time (I must be mad!!)

I just wondered if there was anyone who had either taken a baby to ths hotel before or been there with others who had a baby.

I am curious to see if things like jars of baby food are available at the shop or maybe even in the restaurants etc

Many thanks
Hi Emmieboo

I have been to the Holiday Village twice.
I didnt have a baby with me but there was pleny of very young children including 1 that was 2 weeks old.
The shop do sell babyfood. My advise would be to go to a local supermarket and stock up as they are very overpriced in the shop.
Any questions feel free to ask

Carol
Hello

For anyone that has already been (going in June and can't wait!), can any of you remeber the name of the apartment block that had a lift going to the same level as the restaurant so I can request that block so we don't have to go down a flight of stairs with my disabled daughter and her very large pushchair.

Many thanks
i am pretty sure that the block with the lift straight down to restaurant is the oasis block. dont worry too much though because both blocks go down to the ground floor and you just have to walk through the piano bar to get there,good excuse to stop for a drink before supper.
La Perla buffet restaurant used for all-inclusive holidays is on the ground floor of Oasis (Block A). The Mexican and Italian themed restaurants are on the ground floor of Paraiso (Block B).
Sorry if this has been asked before but 38 pages is a bit too much to search. I am looking to go next April around the 6th of the month. I note that the beach club part of the hotel is only open between April and October. Does anyone know when in April it opens, April 6th 2008 seems to be in the Winter brocure. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Dingle those are the months that this resport opens so would assume that the beach club would open as soon as their are guests there.
This Hotel and Beach Club closes Novemeber till March
We went in October last year and it was closed

Ginga
We are off in May with our 2yr and 5yr olds and looking forward to it. The info provided here has been very helpful and its pleasant to see so many positive reviews. :)
I wondered if anyone could provide info on the excursions offered? The better half fancies seeing something quaint and historical yet we know little of Spain. 5yr old is already a thrillseeker and would love rollercoasters suitable for her height!!! I have read of the crocodile park - worth a trip?
Dont get me wrong - we are not planning on daytripping every day, but would like to get a couple days offsite perhaps.
Any tip/tricks/links appreciated.
:)
Mouthrush

If 5 year old is a thrill seeker maybe Tivolli World is worth a drip. They have plenty of rides for all ages
Thanks C&S, I'll look it up. :)
The zoo is a must too in Fuengarola,the is a show on every day for kids big and small :lol: it was around 4ish1/2 hr either side,in the afternoon,12ish dinner time.food isn,t expensive in there either not like the uk zoo,s
hi
have booked to go to holiday village this year and was just wondering how long it would take to walk to the nearest town,is it really as far to walk as people say,also we have booked sc but might change our minds when we get there.are there any people out there who have preferred sc and any tips on where to buy supplies
  • Edited by gower112 2007-03-05 12:51:35
Thanks for the tip Rebel :)
Please, please post reviews so we can see how things are going this year, I believe there was problems with the food at the beginning of the last season, but then chef was replaced and all was well! Also if there are problems please complain to First Choice staff so they get the feedback.

Going on 8 June and can't wait!!!!!
Check out our latest reviews HERE

Kath HT Admin
Has anyone booked to go sc at holiday village this year?
we are 2 adults and 3 children,going in june,could anyone tell me what the layout of the beds are ,is it a tight squeeze?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.