Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
i think the main diiference is the pegasos is only first choice customers so everyone is english,all the entertainment etc in english.in the tropical there are german and dutch people as well as english so entertainment etc is divided between these nationalities.we have just returned from the pp and my boys are 9 and 12. they had a great time met lots of friends and my 12 year old went over to the tropical with his friends to go on the slides as they were faster without any probllems. i dont think they would have met so many friends at the tropical,but cant say that for sure,but you will have a great holiday there. the food was fine at the pp,we did have a few meals out in town as obviously a1 gets boring over 2 weeks but it was good quality and always looked fresh and was hot. you can only book pp through first choice and eclipse but the tropical you must be able to book with others i would have thought as foreign visitors there aswell.
Thanks samantha, whats the daytime activities like in pp.
loads for kids to do.mine didnt go any kids clubs but plenty of pool games and lots to do with the in2 action team.then in evenings my 9 year old played footie all night and my 12 year old was in the games room with friends playing pool, ten pin bowling. they werent really interested with the entertainment ,me and hubby had lovely relaxing evenings
Hi,

We have just had 2 weeks at the Holiday Village and The palace side is definately bigger and better. We went for a walk around the tropical, and it was pretty, but being pretty doesnt make a good holiday.

We heard the entertainment going on around the pool and none of it was in English.
Thanks for replies. Palace definitely looking likely for next year.
Hi Gill,i went to the tropical in july on a last minute deal and i was very impressed my son is 10 and my daughter 11 and a half months,there is 4 pools on the tropical the large 1 with 2 large slides a smaller 1 with 3 smaller slides a toddler pool with tiny slides,and a pool near the kids club but i never saw any1 in it,my son did have a bit of trouble making friends a lot of german and french but he went to kids club and met a couple there of all nationalitys and they all got on,the kids reps a brill they come round the pool encouriging the kids to join in with pool games and table tennis and always stopped to fuss over my daughter.The food was ace fresh pizza,chips a plenty,pancakes with choc sauce & omelettes for asell as the usuall for brekkie they have fresh jam with berries in thats gorgeous,the beach isnt very good though quite shingely take beach shoes,but overall the rooms were very clean hotel staff very polite and i would definatly go again,hope this helps,just beware the pokemon gameboy games my son got broke aftfer a few weeks the ones from the hotel and the market the other games were fine.Hope this helps have a nice time
p.s i hve never been bit by a mozzie in my life but they ate my legs alive,they didnt touch the kids or bf but they loved my legs lol so take some repellent.
Thanks, did you here anything about the ear infection from pools thats talked about a lot on here, or was it just in palace side.
Gill.
gill mac. I am going on Monday to PP ( Holiday Village) am dreading the ear infection, so will post on my return what the latest is. I am taking ear plugs for the girls though, so really attacking it head on. Hoping to escape it! Wish me luck, mum on a mission! :lol:
Hi again, forgot to ask is there anything going on at night in the village? Do the bars have anything happening? Or are we best off just staying in the hotel for entertainment? :oops:
me and none of my family had any kind of ear infection and i didnt see anybody else with one either,as for the evening entertainment i was told that the palace had better entertainment than the tropical,theyy may have been right.they had an ampithetre but i never went there couldnt get the buggy up the steps and it was too noisy for my daughter,they played bingo 2 night of the week,which is 1 card 1 game and it takes an hour becuase of all the different languages they had to say the numbers in,one night they had a quiz night and 1 night kareoke these were all done in the bar when the shows had finished in the ampithetre.turkish night was best my son had a mini ride on the camal which cost about 6 pound our money and they have little market stalls and turkish dancers in the ampithetere i never saw them but i was told they were good.there is 3 al la carte resteraunts i went to the asian and italian the italian was the best fab risotto,you can also play table tennis for free and they have a steak house that you can pay for but prices in the village were half of what they charge.There were plenty of sunbeds but the ones in the shade were taken fast and as i need to keep my baby in the shade but i wanted to be in the sun i had to get out early for a prime spot which was about 7 oclock we went to the market 1 day and when we came back there were no sunbeds free this was about 1.pm some ladies who we met while we were there told us that 4 peole had put there towels and books down at 9.oclock and not come back they hadnt even sat on the sunbed for 5 minutes,so i did what anyone from yorkshire would i pinched them only two though im not that greedy,when they came back about 3.oclock they were shouting in a foriegn language,but i had to think about making sure my baby was in the shade not my manners.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.