Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
When you mention the star team,Do the Tropilcal have their own entertainment team?If so do they have a childrens club etc ?Did you use any of the bars at the Palace without any probs?
Yes, the Tropical have there own seperate team this year, The Star Friends are so friendly especially Beyrum, George (Omur), Anna, Svetty, Younis.

Beyrum in particular is superb at English and our family made real good friends with him. Most of them are Turkish or Bulgarian but this makes it even better, they come and sit with you at meal times and always greet you.

Kids club operates from 10.30-12.00 and 3.00-5.00 each day and is run by Svetty with help from a few of the girls, again part of the same team who do all the entertainment at night.

The same team, primarily the lads operate activities for adults during the day such as Rifle Shooting, Archey, Water Gym, Water Polo, Bowls, Volleyball, Dance, Table Tennis and much more.

Morning programme operates from 10.00am-12.00ish and afternoon from 3.00pm-4.30ish.

Evening entertainment begins with kids disco at 8.30 and main show/programme is at 9.30 which could be in the ampithearte or on the terrace bar by the pool, although this is for the more minor things and probably as the season goes on and it gets busy there will be more emphasis on the ampitheartre..

As for using bars in Palace, never tried, had no reason to go over to crowded and less relaxed hotel, although if you have long sleeves, I see no reason why.

Tropical is still good for children though, kids pools, slides, less of the naughty lets run riot children.
are you saying the Palace is hell????? we booked with first choice last may & got told they only had the one hotel now. holiday village? so not 100% which one we are in but by the sounds of it we must be in the palace, oh well we do have 4 little ones with the group

was it very sunny? as not getting the feeling of hot sunny days from all this rain
If you're booked for the Holiday Village then you will be at the P.Palace.
I've read I few reviews saying its like a sunny Butlins.
As far as I'm concerned, as long are the kids are happy, then thats great!
I'm sure it'll be fine! :D
Weather has been hot last week, two overcast days, but temps were 36C on the Jeep Safari and 32-34C on the coast (i.e the hotels) thanks to a sea breeze which is welcoming.

Night time temps were high when we arrived, but it got chilly during the night possibly due to the burnt bits and general heat during the day.
i have read that the jeep safari is excellent and you get very dirty, but people aren't saying much so as not to spoil it for others.......all i would like to know is should i wear trainers or flip flops!!! :oops: i dont normally take trainers on holiday....but want to be prepared for this excursion.....
Flip flops would be suffice, everyone bar me wore them, I got wet feet to say the least, so flip flops would have been useful ;-)
amandap the palace was nothing like hell!, if you go on holiday you expect there to be kids around although we did get the feeling the grass was slightly greener. Oh and there was wine available in barrels around the hotel red or white to help yourself to or from the bar, also all inclusive.

In regards to the sunny butlins comment, i think this is a good description it was very british in the palace. We learnt a few words in Turkish and when saying thank you to the bar staff, used them. Should see their eyes light up, found it a bit better than "cheers mate" we heard a lot of.

It was getting hotter every day, we were told that would be about the norm for now until the end of summer.

Went on a boat trip (dont remember if i mentioned that before) which was great, the 12 islands one. Booked it in town (£10each) from Oz and that included lunch and an apple tea at the start. We saw dolphins and seals although unlike some tour operators Oz does not promise you will see anything, except of course fish.

Anyone whos going, with kids or without will have a good time. We found nothing to complain about and especially if you've got a cheap deal which i think many have, you certainly get your moneys worth!

//Mizy
x

[edit] didnt eat in the themed restaurants although some people we spoke to said the italian was serving lamb chops and spaghetti bolognaise, the latter was available every night in the restaurant.
hi mizydoscape, could you tell me the Turkish words you learnt, as i always like to say hello and thank you at least in their language when im abroad. xx
It gives you the lingo in the Choices magazine that they give you at the meeting :)
Thats a good idea XxstephiexX
My kids have been asking too, about how to say hello, goodbye, thank you, etc while we're there.
We bought a phrase book but it doesn't have the words written phonetically, so its hard to know how to say them!
Any help would be gratefully received!
Like robrymond said, when you get there and have your welcome meeting you get a booklet about turkey that has a phrases page and all the words are written phonetically but if you want to practice before hand will get that later and post up a few to get you going.
(:
Hi all,
I've another question for all that have been to Turkey before...
What is the veiw on topless sunbathing?
This is not for me personally - I'm way past having the figure for that - and I don't think my kids would be too impressed either! :yikes
Some friends of ours are coming to the Tropical later in the year & were wondering if it would be allowed?
People inside the complex were sunbathing topless, old, young or german... :wink:
Not a problem at all! I never ever wear a top, can't be doing with strap marks :yikes

I always wear one if I go in the pool though, which probably sounds daft, but I'm quite big chested and they just bob to the top! rofl :lol: Plus I try not to stick them in people's faces, which would happen in the pool, pmsl :lol:

Okay, enough talk about me boobies. lol

Catherine x
When we were there topless bathing wasn't an issue, however what I took exception to (and i'm no prude by a long chalk) was topless women going to the bar and buffet at the pool bar. For me there is a time and place for everything and the bar and buffet topless should be a no no. I wasn't alone in my thinking either and to be honest, whilst the ladies concerned didn't care, they just looked ridiculous in many peoples eyes.
OMG Topless people at bar and buffet :yikes I DEFINITELY didn't see any of that thankfully!

I'm only ever topless on my sunbed, I'm too self concious to go anywhere else. I even get really paranoid if we get friendly with someone and start talking to them, that ends my topless sunbathing time :oops:

Catherine x
:omg
I'm no prude either but really think thats not on!
I've never been brave enough to go topless myself - I envy people that do. And I know what my kids would be like... on any holiday we've been on they don't bat an eyelid at anyone else thats topless, but if I did it they would be convinced I was only doing it to embarrass them! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.