Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
I can tell you about Lily Beach as we were there at Christmas. The 'summer season in the Maldives from from November to march and the best weather, least rain and wind can be expected then. As for the food, i think your H2B may be disappointed as the who time we were there we only had chips once and I never saw a burger the entire time - It's just not that sort of place. There were however, fresh curries every lunch and evening meals as well as Chinese dishes in the evening as well. There was also freshly made pasta and sauces every meal time and loads of fresh fish.

We thought the food was brilliant and have booked to go back in December this year.

Tracy
Mus,

I'm afraid it doesn't just go for Lily Beach. I have been to 3 different islands and each one of them had chips only once a week, and that was at lunchtime, never for dinner. I agree with cynical, I've never seen a burger in Maldives. Obviously, if you think gourmet food is 'poncy', I suggest you go to Spain and leave Maldives to those of us that appreciate it..... every aspect of it. I am going to my 4th Maldives island on Sunday, if you want me to let you know if they have chips there, let me know..... I will post a message from there.
We were stuck as wether to go to kuredu , Might not do burgers, but they do Kareoke !! ha ha, weve booked to go to Meeru, what swayed us was apparently they only do chips once a week :wink: No seriously.... I took weeks of research to find the perfect honeymoon, and I think Meeru will be as near as dammit. Cant wait....chips or no chips (not keen on them myself.)..but I do love a Mc Donalds..does anyone know if they have one of these on Meeru ? :P
Thank you for your replys, i didn't wish to offend anyone over the food problem, i love food but the other half has a mix of food phobias and allergies and i was only trying to make light of my problem :( Personally i wouldn't want to see chips or burgers either!
I was'nt being funny, I was just having a dig at paulwhatever, about suggesting spain, :lol: I think you will be fine, all inc. seems to always cater for all tastes,anyway, if your on your honeymoon, like we will be,......you know what they say...........if music be the food of love............play on baby !! :wink:
Hey no worries Nadine, your reply made me smile , it's a beautiful place and Meeru looks fantastic, have a great honeymoon. Just think of me if they have a chips and karaoke night :wink:
Meeru has 2 Uk -based webiste - full of fanatics that seem to go regularly to the island. Haven't found a question yet they can't answer between them

Try http://www.meeru.co.uk or http://www.meeruisland.co.uk
when do you get married muswell ? have you decided on a honeymoon location yet ?
Nadine, if we can get into a venue in August / Sep we will do it then, (doubtful i know) if not we aim for the same time in '06, although we haven't completely ruled out yet going abroad.. as for honeymoons top 3 at the mo is Maldives, San Fran Vegas and LA, or Mexico.
Either way looking forward to it :D
And you?
we get married on the 1st of October, then fly out to meeru from Manchester on the 3rd, we did think of thialand, but decided that the maldives was pushing the boat out a little bit more. Then we were stuck on which island, was undecided between kuredu and meeru. Chose meeru after viewing a lot of websites like this one, think we have made the right choice.
Oh fantastic, congrats in advance then, i will look forward to your review :D Have to say, after looking at the links that Tah-m gave Meeru is def the best choice it looks lush.. can i be cheeky and ask who you booked with and what room you chose? (just being nosey)
we booked with :twisted: Airtours :twisted: , and went for a landvilla, we thought being in a water bungalow didnt look as private, also its quite nice to fall out of your room straight on to the beach, as we both like sand. we have also gone AI, then we dont have to think about anything else really. We looked at a lot of tour operators and it seems that everyone ends up on the Monarch flight going to the same place, so why pay a lot more with some companies, to benifit from a free massage ? ours cost us £2873, for two weeks, including premium insurance and also three excursions, and we get £230 of points on my boots advantage card, as we booked through the travel club which is operated by Thomas cook, so they did a search for the best price for us. :wink: We really wanted to fly from Manchester on the Monday, so this swung it for us as well. Priced the same holiday recently with Kuoni flying from Manchester and it came out at just under£3400, this was the price with so many free nights as well, but...you did get a free massage !! :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.