Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
hi Luci
I have just upped a report I did on Singapore which details suggestions for what to see and do here. I also went more recently
here. Also some useful info
here
I leave Malaysia tips to someone else. Have you a particular destination in mind?
Hi Lucy

We spent part of our honeymoon on Langkawi and thought it was gorgeous. It's perfect if you want to spend most of your time just lazing around on the beach or by the pool and only a few days sightseeing.

If you want to see and do more while you're in Malaysia, I can highly recommend Borneo. We went there a couple of years ago and stayed near Kota Kinabalu at the Shangri-La Rasa Ria. It's far enough from town to feel a bit remote and romantic, but you can still do plenty of daytrips if you want to.

Elaine
I'm not too worried about what to do in singapore but more bothered about malaysia. is penang or langkawi better - we like to relax but get out and do stuff too. also price wise is one a bit cheaper than the other? can anyone reccomend any good hotels for a honeymoon in langkawi or penang?

cheers

Lucy.xxx
We spent our honeymoon in Malaysia- KL and Penang

Had a fantastic time

Penang is great, rainforest walks, beaches, fantastic food, especially at the hawker stalls (but that goes for all malaysia). You can go over to the mainland, across to the coral reefs off Langkawi, get the ferry to Indonesia, fantastic views, ride round Georgetown in a trishaw

Probably not as secluded as Langkawi but definately has everything to do there
well we've booked to go to langkawi to the casa del mar - which has excellent reviews. then have booked the shangri-la in singapore - whihc has caried reviews but as long as its clean i'm not fussed.

would love some advice on stuff to do in langkawi - places to visit, tios, etc.

cheers.
then have booked the shangri-la in singapore - whihc has caried reviews but as long as its clean i'm not fussed.

I presume your being tounge in cheek here :D . Its the number one hotel for Singapore on TripAdvisor. When my dad visited (a few years back) it had won awards as the top hotel in the world.
Shangri La in Singapore is a fantastic hotel which I saw being built in the 70s and have stayed there a few times when Im in Singapore.

In recent times Bush Blair Rumsfeld and man united have stayed there,reason is its not just a good hotel its the location that it has and is very easy to seal off the surrounding roads if needs be

In may Im of to stay in the Ritz Carlton for 10 days the 5 nights on the star Virgo, to landkwi, phuket . and reddang
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.