I booked a 7 day break September 2016. The property was a Hoseason specialy selected wheelchair friendly property, as my wife is in a wheelchair. I phoned up after booking to double check the property was suitable for my wife to get around, it was confirmed. However since booking park resorts merged with Park Dean resorts. Park Dean now run the holiday part we booked at. Hoseasons have cancelled the booking with Park Resorts, and rebooked under Park Dean. The problem is they never re booked the accomodation that we booked and paid for.

I rang 22nd August the day before and spoke to somebody at Hoseasons, as i noticed some differences between booking confirmations. I spoke to somebody called Kirsty, I asked if the room was still as i originaly booked. She said there was a small lip, but a ramp would be provided. I asked if the accomodation still had a wet room, i was put on hold while she was supposed to be ringing the park. Then she came back to me and said the room would have a wetroom. She never actually rang the park as they log every detail and nobody called Kirsty rang on that day.

Hoseasons did admit that they have failed to meet our requirements and they didnt book the correct accomodation. They tried to find us somewhere else, but it was bank holiday weekend and they had nothing under there name. I asked the helpful parkdean staff if they had anything, but nothing suitable. Hoseason rang me after hours at the holiday park trying to get something sorted. They apologised and said they were issueing a full refund, and said to go home and book something else for another time. My wife is the driver, and had already driven 4 hours just to get there. It wasnt safe to do so, so we ended up haveing to find a hotel for the night as we and the 2 kids were shattered.

We did find a Haven holiday park that could do a couple of nights in one of there parks. So we ended up doing that as we had been looking forward to the break for so long. Its 5 days than we should have had, but was better than nothing.

I am considering getting some legal advice on the matter, as im sure they are liable as they admitted they booked the wrong accomodation. We did check out the room they had booked us in case we could make it work for the 7 days. The lip was small as discribed, reception said they can provide a ramp though. However to use the bathroom we were told the day before was a wet room, she would have had to crawl around the floor as there was no way of getting the wheelchair in the none wheelchair frindly chalet.

We had purchased food on the way to the park, so we could checkin and get it in the fridge. We had no fridge to put it into so 90% of it ended up in the bin the next day as it was ruined. The whole saga with Hoseasons was a nightmare. As we were explaining our situation to various parks trying to find something. None of them were at all surprised when we menntioned Hoseasons. They have so many problems with them booking wrong accomodation for people. The same day all this happened, one park that is pet free, had somebody turn up as they booked a hoseasons gettaway and there booking confirmation stated the park as pet friendly. Of coarsr they had bought ther dog and was turned away, and had to go home. It ridiculous how they keep getting away with this kind of thing. Its almost like they tell you what you want to hear on the phone, lie through there teeth. Then leave it to the park opperater to try and clean up there mess.

I dont know yet if we have a case, only been home an hour. Will be contacting my cousin tomorrow who works for a reputable solicitors. Shes in conveyancing herself, but im hoping she has got a colegue that can advise us if we have a case