Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hello!

If it's the one I'm thinking about it's on the front - they all seem lovely along there.

I came back from Skala last night - midnight in to Gatwick so flagging now! I loved it as it has a real Greek feel but a bit of life as well. Restaurants good and if you want to have a few drinks after dinner there are a few places - not loads though. Beach is deep and sandy - it's rocky in the sea but water is really clear.

The transfer is just over an hour if the coach only drops in Skala. The views on the journey are spectacular though - only trouble was my transfer on the way there was in darkness!

Hope this helps - if you need anymore let me know.

Vicky
If you have children with you, then Mounda beach, just outside Skala is very good, lovely sand and the sea doesn`t get deep until quite a way out. For eating out in Skala, PINES and PINES 2 we thought were very good.
Thanks for the recommendations.

We have booked the Anassa already and read some limited reviews, all good!

Skala sounds a really good place to chill out. I will be travelling in July 2006 with my wife and our seven year old son.

I'm not looking forward to the trip from the airport. It sounds like it can be a little scary. We have booked direct and will need a taxi, which from what I have read are crazy!
I'm sure you'll have a great time - it's all very child friendly, as with most of Greece. Sirocco restaurant is also good but to be fair I never had a bad meal.

It is all a bit windy roads and up and down hills but the taxis are all fairly new cars - just tell them you'd like a gentle ride to take in the views! The coach is probably the more scary of the two options but they really don't have accidents on the island - only a couple this season most involving mopeds.

I'm sure you'll love it.

Vicky
By taxi it takes about 40 minutes from the airport if the driver keeps to the limit. The roads are fine except when they are wet! It's a stunning drive - done it a thousand times. Sit back and enjoy it.

Your main problem will be agreeing a price! :shock:
What sort of price would you consider is reasonable?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.