Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Its not a dirt track but not sure if there are pavements,

It is definatly not lit so would be a bit hairy at night time.

These people will be able ho help you more http://www.kefalonia.me.uk/index.php
Stayed there about 3 years ago - lovely hotel but a bit isolated if you like to go out of the hotel at night. That said, the walk - which was about about 30/40 mins at an average pace in the heat - follows the coast with views out to sea and helped to burn off some calories. HOWEVER - not much footpath, it comes and goes and the locals, especially taxis, tend to speed along and take the bends a bit recklessly! It's not a bad walk early evening before the sun goes down and quite a few people do it, but you really need to watch the road especially with a little person in tow. It's a bit scary later on as there were only a couple of patches with lights and the rest is pitch black - not good in traffic. I found it frightening in the dark bits and had to keep hold of my husbands hand! (I must point out I'm not an old dodderer!)There were three or four other hotels/apartments along the way but I can only remember 2 places you could actually stop for a rest and a drink. We decided to walk in and take a taxi back after doing it a couple of times- most people did this. Hotel bus was good but gets full so needs booking and it is a bit restrictive as the last return was early-ish (think between 9.30/10.00 if my memory is right) You were also allocated a return time to stop everyone going into Skala trying to get back on the last bus back - no room as small bus!!
Despite the position the hotel is so nice and such a reasonable price that we are thinking about going back 2011! Hope this helps!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.