DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Hotel booking
8 Posts
Hi Karen, (nice cat!)

Don't know if you've looked on this other site but the hotel we are thinking of booking is significantly cheaper than the other sites we looked at:

http://www.reserveahotelonline.com

We also emailed the hotel directly for a price (& this was actually more expensive) and to ask about late check out rooms and taxis etc.

I know how you feel as this will be our first DIY this year as I would normally book a package through a tour operator!

I believe that that when you book online they email you confirmation of the booking and you just need to take that with you for when you check-in. I was also thinking of emailing the hotel a few days before we leave UK just to make double sure that they have received our details from the company we booked with and that they are expecting us!

Hope you get your hotel sorted out
have you tried alpha rooms/beds???
Thank you both. Alpha Rooms was one of the sites that I found the £174.00 price on (completely forgot the name of it!). Are they reliable?

Doing DIY in Bodrum doesn't bother me at all as my husband is from Bodrum, but I don't want to pay for a hotel with a dodgy company and get there to find they have no idea we're arriving, then have to pay for another hotel room.

Thanks again.

Karen

PS - the cat is the spitting image of my actual cat at home!!
I booked our hotel in Turkey with Broadway and on my invoice from them it states that they are acting agents for Med Hotels, so I guess they have only sold their own allocation of rooms. Try also roomsandhotels.com (thos cook) and holidayhotels.co.uk (last minute). Hope you find what you're for.
We used alpharooms last august and we had no problems. I think they are good if you know what/where you want to go.
Thanks, we're going to book with Alpha Rooms.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.