Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Kerrie
You will have a great time at the Calypso, like everyone has said the staff are brillant, really friendly and helpful.
Don't think we're going to be able to make it back there this year :cry , but hopefully next.
Have a fantastic time. :cheers
Thanks for the replies guys :tup

I really am looking forward to going, I cant wait :hyper

Joyceb i was thinking more about my drinks for when we go onto the balcony when we put the kids to bed :cheers Oh yeah and also the water for in the middle of the night :tup

Wheatcrunchie did you hire a fridge by any chance :que If so how much was it and did you hire before you went. And were you in the thomson block??

Thanks

Kerrie
Hi Kerrie
We have stayed in the main block at the Calypso each we have been. I've booked through someone different everytime we've been but never with Thomson.
One of the entertaiment staff that was working there at the time had her parents come to stay and they were in the Thomson block, she said it was fine and didn't know about people complaining.
Plenty of people seemed happy with their rooms.
Sorry, we didn't hire a fridge, we were never in the room long enough.
Thanks wheatcrunchie

You have put my mind at rest :tup

Thanks again
Kerrie
Sorry for the delay in posting - we're off to Menorca this year so been surfing those forums.

We hired the fridge from the UK - best thing we did. Although the bar food wasn't bad and not too expensive, we found it useful to make kids lunch etc - plus the cold drinks etc. From memory it was a bit expensive but worth it.

I emailed the hotel about 4 months before going, after Thomson told us we couldn't have connecting rooms. They replied to email closer the time, which I did. Found the person who emailed back helpful and they certainly came up with the goods.

If you haven't booked a fridge from the UK, email the hotel. As I said they were very helpful and no doubt will help if they can.
Hi simon

I have emailed the hotel about 10 days ago but i have not heard anything back from them yet, I know they have read it as i got a receipt saying so. Would you advise to email them again??

Kerrie
Your call in all honesty.

We took the opinion that IF the email helped (which it did) then it was more than Thomson were prepared to do to help us and we wouldn't lose anything by asking.

Wouldn't hurt to send another email "just in case" the previous one got lost ;)
hi
i'm booked to stay at the calypso next weekend, and i emailed them with a query and they did reply straight away, so perhaps email them again.

regards
tracey
Thanks Tracy

I have emailed them again and hopefully they will get back to me :tup

Kerrie
The hotel got back to me and told me that i have to hire the fridge when i get there and its 6 euro a day and at 14 days hire i am looking at paying 84 euro :duh i dont know if its worth it or not :think. What do you think?? I am looking to keep water, juice and beers in there.

Kerrie
What's that £70 at the current exchange rate to keep the drinks cold........ :rofl

Send the family out to get cold drinks - only a few cents more. Then spend the savings on one of those ice creams from the shop near the beach :tup
Has anyone been to the Calypso this year yet?
I was just wondering who the animation team were this year! :think
If you have been hope you had a great time :cheers , if you're going hope you have a great time :cheers , if you're not going then you're like me :(
Thank you
Thinking of booking the Calypso for October half-term. Is the entertainment still on in October or is it geared up for the Spanish pensioners?
I know the hotel doesn't have fridges in the rooms but can anyone tell me if they have a kettle nad a hairdryer. :)
We were at the Calypso last year, definitely no kettle, and I'm pretty sure no hairdryer either - its a great hotel though, we're going back in 8 weeks and I can't wait, my little girl is 7 and is so looking forward to seeing the entertainment team again!!!!
Im going to said hotel on the 7th of July for 11 nights. Anyone been? Ive read good and bad reports but I am most interested in the kids entertainment and food..
we are also going on the 7th july just worried about the mixed reviews have booked with first choice and not sure about what block we will be put in also could anyone tell us about the refurb thats just been done
thanks in advance :)
Hi. I've just booked 3 nights in July at Hotel Calypso. I managed to get half board for £171 for two persons with Thomson Holidays room only booking.
The same board was £237 with Med Hotels; £220-ish with Alpha Rooms, LastMinute, OnTheBeach etc.
Not sure why there is such a big difference but I wouldn't worry about what the hotel is like.
Friends of mine have been there many times and say it is an excellent hotel.
Hope you have a good time when you're there - Andy
Our opinion of the Calypso after our visit was it's a cery typical 3 *** Spanish hotel - only let down by the guests :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.