Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
hello again sorry for all the post
does anybody know if the hotel calypso has it own website
thank you
Hi all
I have just read some really bad reports about this hotel :cry: I was really looking forward to booking it as the price seems really reasonable :wink: Everyone seems to have a problem with the decor of the thomson block (never heard of the TA splitting blocks before) If this seems to be the only bad side of the hotel could anyone please tell me if another TA take bookings for the calypso so i wont be put in the thomson block.
Any info would be brilliant :wink:
Kerrie
Hi Alsbaby

Myself and my boyfriend along with 11 other family members stayed at the Calypso Hotel last year in the Thomson block - the room was lovely, the block itself was fine, food was great and my boyfriend who is a very fussy eater had something to eat every night of our 7 night stay. Please, do not consider changing any hotel arrangements as we found nothing wrong with this hotel and would go back in a minute.

Any other questions, give me shout.

Cheers

Gillian :D
Thanks for the reply Gillian :)
Did you book with thomson? We have been to salou before in 2003 but the kids were smaller then and didnt really like port aventura but now they are older and really love the funfair that is the main reason we are going back there and for the beach too. We sayed in golden avenida park last time and thought it was nice. Am i right in thinking that the calypso is not far from the avenida? Are there still plenty of chinese all you can eat? (trust me to ask about that :D )
Again thanks for the reply
Kerrie :wave
Kerrie

We booked the hotel / flights / transfers separately and the hotel was booked with Thomson's. There was a whole range of ages on holiday with us - from 4 years old to 55 years old. The Calypso was the first hotel I've ever stayed in in Spain with a double bed in the room - most of the time it's 2 single beds pushed together!

When we arrived, there was a bottle of champagne on ice in our room and because we arrived after dinner was finished (we stayed on a HB basis) - they gave us a voucher to obtain a free lunch one day which was really good I thought.

The Calypso is near to the Avenida Park - only a few minutes walk away. As far as I remember, there were Chinese Buffet Restaurants however, as my b/f does not like Chinese food I can't go into them on holiday unless I go alone!! However, I do recommend the Orient Express restaurant - they have a three course menu for 10 euros I'm sure and it was lovely. The main meals were a bit smaller than the meals on the bigger menu but there was still lots of food - was totally full after the 3 courses.

If we go on a HB basis we tend not to eat out in restaurants although I know some people like to do that.

I'm sure you'll have a great time and enjoy the Calypso Hotel.

Gillian :D
Thanks again Gill, think i might just book the calypso now you have put my mind at rest. It sounds great for the whole family.
Thanks again
Kerrie :wave
:wave Hi all
Just got the last family room in the calypso,I dont really know where about in salou it is. We have stayed in the Avendia, is it anywhere near there?? I might know were i am working from then.
Any info i would be great
Thanks
Kerrie :glynis
Kerrie,

My map shows the Calypso as being in the same road as the Avenida (Avinguda de Pompeu Fabra) heading towards La Pineda. Looks like it's about half a mile between the two.

Hope this helps

HB
hi,
the calypso is very near the avenida park and is a very good family hotel with excellent entertainment i know both hotels as i worked a summer season in the avenida check out the photo gallery to see pictures of the calypso shows ....................
Merged with existing topic which may have additional information on this hotel.

luci :wave
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions they have helped me out lots.
Cant wait to go now :pele
Thanks again
kerrie :hyper
Hi Everyone
I have just been on to the salou uncovered site and someone has said that the calypso is having a refurb :hols Hope its true and its the thomson block. I should not really comment as i have not been there myself but a lot of people do seem to have a problem with the decor in the thomson block. oh well hey ho only 4 more months and counting :cheers < (me in salou)
going to salou on saturday so will find out about the refurb for you lots of my friends work there :tup
WOOOOOHOOOOO thanks leeds :tup How long are you going for :think
I will be awaiting your return so you can fill me in :hyper
Thanks
Kerrie :glynis
going for a quick break then will be going back in march to work in salou.............
Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!! dont forget to have a noisy around the calypso for me :wave:
Kerrie
Having read the reports on the calypso i have read a few times that they leave you a bottle of wine for your arrival, What a lovely touch! Do they still do this? Or is it only in high season :que Dont think we will get it as we arrive about 12 noon :rofl What a way to start your hols off :cheers
Kerrie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.