Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Got back form the Caribe 28th June. The hotel was refurbished last year and as such is now a 3 star from a 2 and at present operates under Sunset which will change to a JMC family hotel next year. All the additions are in place though with an outdoor stage for the evening entertainments that are run by the British Sunset team and with the exception of a few spanish guests almost all staying are British.

Briefly we found the hotel to be extremely clean and well presented, good pool, rooms were good with air conditioning and the bathrooms very well presented. The food we weren't impressed with though. It was very monotonous with a limited choice although you wouldn't go hungry, but was warm and usually well cooked,but would say it was still of a 2 star standard though. Location was excellent, only 3-4 minutes walk from the beach and resort centre. There were several teenagers in the hotel and it is geared towards families with a kids club, playground and entertainment aimed at the family market so I'm sure your teen will soon make friends. I will leave a detailed review of the hotel as soon as I can.

Hope you have a lovely stay :D
Has anyone recently stayed at this hotel, maybe you could answer some questions for me?
We stayed at this hotel about 4 years ago and i loved it BUT for one problem, the noise in the corridors where the rooms are.
The doors banged every time someone went into their room and it drove us mad,we found it to be very noisy also from the hotels opposite.

The entertainment was fantastic both day and night with competitions during the day and plenty of evening entertainment from hypnotists to drag artists!
Has this stayed the same or changed at all?

Thanks
Karen
I must say that we had no such problems when there last week.

The hotel has undergone a massive revamp and the doors seemed to be those that dont slam - if you know what I mean.

We were on the top floor so we didn't have problems with people above us

I have read on the reviews that others have had similar problems but not us.

Still entertaimnment in the hotel which was ok but we didn't see it every night as we went out most times.

This hotel is now a modern bright hotel that has been brought into the 21 st century.Also the rooms now have air con which is great.

I would recommend to anyone who wants a quite lively holiday in a good standard of hotel.
We stayed at this hotel the first time we visited Ibiza and it was great. It was only a two star then, it has since undergone a huge facelift and gained another star in the process. We visited Ibiza again last year and stayed in the Hotel Miami which is already a three star, but we felt the Caribe was still a nicer hotel. I would imagine the prices have gone up though.
The prices have gone up.I thought about booking direct with the hotel on the net but in July and August it's dearer this way than going through a tour operator.

The cheapest way was to do a booking on-line through Thomas Cook.
Click Here For our reviews of this hotel.

8)
Hi all
We are going to be staying at the hotel Caribe next month, can anyone tell us roughly how much is it to hire a fridge. We have requested to have a fridge but we have booked the holiday with Spotlight but do not know the charges for this.

Thanks in advance
Dawnie-Rob
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:00 am Post subject: Fridge Hire at the Hotel Caribe, Es Cana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all
We are going to be staying at the hotel Caribe next month, can anyone tell us roughly how much is it to hire a fridge. We have requested to have a fridge but we have booked the holiday with Spotlight but do not know the charges for this.

Thanks in advance
Dawnie-Rob
Hi there
As I hadn't yet heard from anyone, hope moderators don't mind I have put my post "up front". Sorry if I have done wrong.

Dawnie-Rob
hi Dawnie, have you emailed the hotel?? They may be able to tell you the cost.
We're staying at a Fiesta hotel and I emailed to find the cost of fridges and got a reply next day .
Hi Mackem
Thank you for your suggestion.
I was thinking of emailing them. When I have done a diy holiday before I have emailed the hotel about a week before to make sure everything is ok. We booked direct with a hotel chain last time. As we have booked through Spotlight it mentions that you can hire a fridge but doesn't mention the cost. As we are planning our budget I thought I would ask on HT just in case anyone knew how much it was.

Dawnie-Rob
hi dawnie rob,we were there late september,but found that the aircon kept the room cool enough for our drinks,i can remember seeing the price list up at reception but cant for the life of me remember the price,i will ask my better half when she gets in from work,she has a better memory than me,if not have a great time anyway.
escanatiger :)
Hi,

Just back from the Caribe - Fridges are 3e per night and the safe in the room are 2e per night.

Just be carefull with the fridges - we put it on high and froze all the drinks in it :roll:

John
Hi there
We emailed the hotel a few days ago, and they informed us it was €3. Thanks for the warning about the icing up, we will have to watch out for that.

Regards
Dawnie-Rob
Enjoy your stay - let me know if you have any other questions about the Hotel/Es Cana

John
Has anyone been here? Is there English channels on the tv? Shops close by?
You could have a look at the hotel reviews here although the last one was August 2006 it may give you an idea of what to expect.

I would also like to ask any members who have been to the Caribe hotel recently could perhaps update the reviews for the benefit of others.

Hubcap could you, on your return, give us a review on what you find in the resort and hotel.

thanks
Can't comment on the TV (been a few years since I was there :cry: )

However, everything is close by in the Resort. Bars/Shops/beach etc etc

It is very compact resort and easy to get about the place.
Hubcap,

The only English Language channel was CNN news I'm afraid.

As has already been said, shops and centre of town only 2 mins walk away.

I'll be adding a review when I have caught up at work....have a weeks holiday then have to work twice as hard when you get back to catch up :?

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.