Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
You can upgrade when you get there. If you e-mail them with which hotel you are staying at and what month they will give you the cost - child prices are usually half the adult cost. Their email address is hotels@intertur.es

The website in case you haven't seen it is http://www.intertur.es

HTH
Marie
You can book diy on all inclusive i, i have booked 2 weeks with http://www.xcapewithus.com . http://www.medhotels.com & http://www.wintersunshineholidays.co.uk are amongst others that do it AI.

It will be much cheaper than booking a package holiday to go diy.

regards,

Nigel
thanks for all the replies!
Hi, wonder if anyone can help - am thinking of booking this hotel for October half-term week. Have read some mixed reviews (including on this site); has anyone visited recently? I know the area quite well - been to Majorca lots of times when I was younger, but never been in this hotel (although swam quite near it while in the sea!)

would like to make a decision tomorrow so early replies would be greatly appreicated! Many thanks :D
Just booked for 2 weeks in Hotel Hawaii can anyone suggest a good high floor room number please. 8)
Hey Rizzo77, mind if I ask who you booked with, when, and are you going all inclusive :?: I have been quite interested in this hotel but want all inclusive and have only been able to find it on this basis if I book DIY. RSVP! :)
Hi Going half board with Cosmos 10th june
have booked 2 seperate visits may & august all inclusive with http://www.xcapewithus.com . I am pretty sure you cannot book this hotel all inclusive with a tour operator but from experience last year you are much better off going DIY as last year there were people with JMC holidays who had payed alot more for Half board than we had paid for All inclusive. I am not talking small amounts either it was approx £600 more for 4 people with a tour operator. This included takeing flights/taxis etc into account.

regards,

Nigel
I'm going next weekend all inclusive, booked through Holiday Now who I found on teletext pages
Hi,

I have recently booked to stay at the Hotel Hawaii.

I have read loads of reviews which are generally good, but I have also read about thefts from the top floors for both of the hotel/apartments??

The reviews basically state that there have been thefts of safety deposit box contents in rooms, with the theifs escaping out of the balcony onto the roof. (One review states the security staff attempted a break in twice - was caught on camera the second time). The theifs appear to have master keys.

These theft reviews (About 6 I have found) span several years, from 2002 - 2005.

This is a BIG concern for me, especially with this being my first time abroad without parents. Last thing i want is to lose passport and everything.

(Yeah, I can handle the steep hill) :wink:
Can anyone shed light on this?

Can anyone tell me about the security options there?

Any alternatives to in-room boxes
Any help appreciated.
Hi,

Does anyone know anything about biv2k comments about thefts in the Hawaii apartments? I'm going out there in 5 weeks with my family and my wife wants to change complex now - but the location looks ideal. The reviews on this site say that they are very good, but i didn't know that there had been loads of burglaries in the complex.

We always take our portable DVD player etc, (keeps my 3 year old quiet on the flight :D ) but I don't want to have to go out every night wondering whether someone has got into our room and robbed us blind.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen.
Hi, here's a copy of the reply that I got over at TripAdvisor:

1 is the hotel hawai the other is hawai apartments torrenova they are right next door to each other and owned by same company it was the apartments that were getting broken into when we stayed at the hotel 2 years ago we had no problems at the hotel but we heard of lots of breakins at apartment complex but also it seemed people were not hiring the room safes and it was theese people who were getting broken into .
hope this helps.
And here is the reply (for reference):

Hi Stephen,

I'd really like to put you at ease, but the reviews out there really are a mixed bag.

The last review I found reporting these incidents was dated Apr 23, 2005 on this site (link below).

Here are the main two sources that triggered alarm bells:

http://tripadvisor.cbs2.com/Hotel_Review-g580306-d288098-Reviews-Hawaii_Torrenova_Apartments-Palma_Nova_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

http://www.realholidayreports.com/reports/reports.asp?id=59&hotel_name=Hotel+Hawaii

There is one report at Holiday Truths stating some clothes were stolen, but it doesn't elaborate on this.

it seemed people were not hiring the room safes and it was theese people who were getting broken into.

There are plenty of very good reviews too.

If you find any further info please share. I'm still nervous of staying at the hotel.
Thanks biv2k for your reply. I'm out there on 23 May, so I'll post a reply on my return. I'm actually in the apartments and will check out the security and the dampness. I think we need a more up to date review of the hotel; maybe the hotel reviews should have sections on security, noise and condition. I can understand people moaning about food and entertainment etc as everyone has different tastes.
Thanks Steve, I would really appreciate any up to date reports. Try not to let security fears spoil your well earned holiday.

We are planning on looking into personal security over the next month - stuff like body sashes etc to carry essentials - but I dont think its practical (nor particulary safe either) to carry all you stuff around with you. Not sure whats out there with regards to this.

Someone should open a very secure safe rental shop and undercut all the hotels and rent on a daily basis. :roll:
biv2k,

Just got back from the Hawaii apartments. They were excellent, a bit basic, but it was only 3*. The rooms were very big and during last weeks heat wave the air con was on all day and night. We left it on while we went out (Tip take a Tesco card with you as you need something of card size to keep the electric on while you go out as the key ring on the front door key slots nicely in the socket).
Security was not a problem as they had security in the day and night and there was always someone on reception. Didn't here of one break inn all holiday - in fact the only moan was the occasional sewage smell but that was resort wide.
We were half board and had to eat in the hotel. The hotel was much the same as the apartments - although a lot busier (more laid back and relaxing at the apartment's pool). Both had a great view over Palma Bay and I would book to go back tomorrow.
They are both situated in Torranova (in between Magaluf and Palma Nova) so it may take you a while to get your whereabouts as in 5 mins one direction you hit all the teenagers and late night clubs and the other direction is the more quiet and relaxing Palma Nova.
Closest bar is Ruby Tuesdays which is a family bar with great views again from its terrace. If you get the chance pop in and see the showman. He is the worst act you will possibly see (he is from the USA with a blonde dodgy perm), but he things he is great! He is so bad he is good!
Hi
Hi

You have probably booked by now but if you have you cant go wrong. We were at the Hawaii last year in October and are going back again this October. It's Fab.....

Maybe see you there........
hi just booked hotel Hawaii for july going half board can anyone tell me how much it would cost to upgrade to sea veiw and all inclusive i have an amigo card which gives me 20% off everything thank you for any info :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.