Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I have booked direct with a hotel before and paid on arrival no problem.

Just make sure you know how much you will be expected to pay. If you are paying by credit card or debit card, also make sure you are paying in euros and do not let the hotel convert it to sterling.

luci :wave
Lots of places want you to pay on arrival. Lagomonte is a well known hotel, it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks for the reply, they have told me the price in euros,
As Luci said, make sure your credit card charge is in Euros. If you allow the hotel to convert it to Sterling they will apply their own rate of exchange rather than the official bank rate. This is also common in many shops.
Will make sure it is in euros, i have never done a booking like this and was worried as they wont take the payment over the phone, only when i arrive, dont want to get there and they tell us the room has gone or ask for more money than they have stated, already lost over £600 through sun 4 u, that will take weeks to get back through my visa debit, so having to payout again until that comes through, what with the spanish talks about strikes, airports over here in talks over strikes and now sun 4 u, i really need this holiday to de-stress. :sun2
Good idea to email them and state you are definitely arriving to take up the booking and state the agreed price to be paid on arrival, and that it will be paid using your CC. Ask them for a reply confirming everything.
The hotel has sent a confirmation email stating everything, and have told me i can pay on my card.
hi kaz we too are travelling on 27th from leeds/bradford on the 7am flight to palma x
Don't know if it helps, but I can recommend having a prepaird euro card if you are able to get one in time.

We had one from Caxton FX last year and will be using it again next year. Basically we are topping it up with euros throughout the year til we have the money we need.

We have booked our hotel independantly so this means our hotel has to be paid when we arrive and this is in euros, by putting the correct amount of euros on to the card before you leave you will know for a fact you have the right amount to pay. Also, it avoids any exchange rate fees that your card may charge for paying in euros. It is just basically a mastercard, loaded with euros, so you can use it anywhere you can use mastercard and also take cash from atm's with it.

Just a thought - but you possibly don't have enough time to get one.
Just realised you've already gone - scrap my last message!!
:)
Thanks for the info about the repaid euro card, (i go on the 27th aug so still here) wont have time to get one now but i will look into it for the next holiday, its a good idea.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.