Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Please can anyone help asap.

My parents are 70's year old and Thomas Cook have advised this hotel although new has no lifts? Also building work going on around the hotel.
If anyone knows we would appreciate it.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in this area. My parents were due to travell to Dom Rep with me but the doctor will not allow my dad to now travel due to ill health although he will allow a quiet restful holiday. After looking what Thomas Cook have left in Spain (nearest flight etc) this area seems a good option. They are now disappointed again as the Neptuno has no lifts (seems odd!) and noise/dust building work.

Availablility at G. Park or Garden on AI is this a good hotel maybe?

We have to decide by Tuesday

Any help welcome, thanks
Have stayed at the Sabinal which is right on the sea front. Definately has lifts and is in a flat area with prom right in front of it.

HTH

Kath HT Admin
I can tell you for sure (having stayed at the Neptuno twice that it does have lifts (4 I think) they have built a hotel across the road and were just finishing it off the week before last, it is a nice place in a nice resort your parents would love it.
Thanks for your quick replies!!

Why would T Cook say no lifts, it did seem odd. Robert would you say the building work may have now finished ? I take it you were here recently

Thanks
Returned the week before last :( (the 19th August) the hotel they are building is actually open they are just finishing off the side bit. I did not notice it to be honest.

There is a bit of building work going on in the resort but not alot near the Neptuno.

It is a nice place although I stayed in the apartments not the Hotel (it's all the same building the hotel part is the front)

I wrote a reveiw (not for this year) which should help you out may be I should add a bit about lifts to help Thomas Cook out.

Here is the Hotels website for you to have a look at enjoy

http://www.hotelneptuno.es/ingles/ingles.htm
Tried to email hotel but message was returned?

My parents were going to stay in apartment on HB.

If you have just come back I think they will still book as it was the one they wanted. Do they have any entertaiment, are bars or shops near by. My dad had a stroke last year so can not walk too far. I did not want him rushing over busy road is this on the sea front.

If I can trouble you just to say what you like about the hotel etc I will show them tomorrow. T Cook have worried them again today (well T V travel shop is the agent)

Thanks
There are no busy roads near by, there are loads of bars and restaurants a short walk away, there is entertainment but it is mainly aimed at the Spanish guests, never less some of it is quite good, the email address on the website is wrong replace the .com with .es (I had the same trouble).

The hotel is immaculate, it's only a couple of years old, my partner informs me that she thinks there are five lifts serving different parts of the hotel, it is a good choice, the pool area is also very nice.

If they are staying in an apartment, ask for a ground floor pool facing apartment, these lead on to a grassed area pull a sun bed up and just hop back into your apartment when it gets to hot or you fancy a drink, (ask the hotel in your email).

I did not get a reply (got a read receipt) but I got a ground floor apartment best in the complex

Hope this helps

8)
Thanks a lot, my parents have gone ahead and booked after I let them have your comments. It has reassured them and they are looking forward to getting away 23/9/04.
Used this hotel last weekend (Easter Weekend). Booked it independantly at a cost of £34 pounds a night for large double room. Not on the sea front, but very modern and within minutes walk of "the strip". Nice cafe and restuarant. Good pool and seating areas.

The bars/cafes etc were still quite quiet...and had too many BRITISH STYLE bars etc for my liking but was fine for a couple of nights.

Nivsy
The first time we went in the summer of 03 hardly any British Bars, 2004 loads of them, but hardly anyone in them stayed in Neptuno both times nice place see my reveiw
Nivsy perhaps you would like to assist your fellow holidaymakers by adding your report here:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-almeria/roquetas-de-mar/neptuno-hotel-and-apartments/
Hi, just found this great site. A few of us old and young alike are going to the Neptuno staying half board in 4 weeks :glynis :pele. Have read Robert123 review re the hotel but we are wanting more info on the food as we are as mentioned having the half board option. Also can you tell me what the bars and entertainment is like round this end of the resort. I am told it is typically spanish which is great however I have also heared that the resort is really starting to liven up in a touristy kind of way and am hoping that it hasn't lost the typical spannish charm that we chose it for.

Also can you tell us if there is a need for mozzie spray in June?

Any advice or info would be great 8)
Hi Moggerooney........We arrive 4 weeks thursday and are staying at the Neptuno .What date do you arrive.We could have a HolidayTruths get together :glynis Regards Stevie
We also arrive 4 weeks Thursday so no doubt will bump into each other probably while enjoying a sangria :glynis in the sun :sun ! have you been to the Neptuno before? We are in a big group and a few have been to the resort before but stayed at the other end but this was a couple of years ago now so not sure what to expect.
Hi never been there before we are a group of 9... Ages are 2yrs up to 40s.We travel from Manchester on 9th June . Regards Stevie
We are on the same flight!!!!!! there are 15 of us also aged from 2 but up to 60. We are bound to bump into each other, maybe even at the airport :fly !!!!!!! Can't wait now 4 weeks seems like a mile away but sure it will go quick!!!
Here you go lads a review for you HERE
:lol: Hi everyone. I'm new to this site as well so still surfing. We've booked a two bed apartment in the Neptuno in August, shame you're all going in June! Any information you have on the area, good restaurants, etc would be most welcome, as we've never been to Almeria before.

Love the idea of the Spanish feel (can practise the lingo a bit maybe after a few Sangria's anyway!!) We have two kids, 10 and 9 so any advice on places to visit would also be most welcome.

Looking forward to hearing your reviews on the Neptuno. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Anyone out there booked in August (we're going 9th - 23rd) Can't wait!

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.