Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
This is AWFUL!!! I hope your reports to the hotel bookers ensure's this Hotels REMOVAL off the site. What if you have flown and didn't have a car?

As a side note, I hope you found Figures to be a lovely city. We have been there ourselves for the day and found the place lovely. The Dali museum is there, which is well worth the trip alone. It's fantastic.
8) hi there, yep been to figures several times in the past, a friend of mine donkeys years ago used to paint with salvador dali at his home in Cadaques, so i have been out there a lot. Its a lovely area and the town is nice, the rambla where dali sat and watched the people, and the house he was born in are all attractions in the town.

I specifically wanted to stay in Girona to show my wife the roman ruins and old city, but because we had to be further down the coast we didnt get chance to stay in girona this time! might call in there on the way back up through spain in August.
I have reported the hotel to the website, who incidendtaly have been very good in past bookings, and they are looking into it, if nothing is done and its not removed from the website, then i will report it to the governing body that seals with it all because as you say, its totally disgraceful. The cheek of the manager and staff were unbelievable, rude and couldnt really care less as they already had the money!.

As you say, if someone had flown there and were stuck with it, it would have been a nightmare for them!

Thank god all catalans are not like these few! catalonia is a lovely place and generally better people than the normal spanish in other areas, but this hotel and its staff really take the biscuit!!!.
They had a cat that was on a balcony that couldnt get out of the sun, and we told them it was trapped out on the balcony in the room next to the one they gave us, and they didnt seem to care about it, just before we left, i climbed across the balcony from ours and let the cat in, but if thats how they treat a "pet" then people(and especially paying guests) do not matter.

WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT PROGRESSES IF YOU LIKE! BEST WISHES

REGARDS
LAURIE :wink:
We are going to Tossa de Mar in a few weeks, and might pay another visit to Figures.
Is Girona worth a visit for the day? I haven't had my driving licence for long enough to hire a car abroad, so would be getting the train. What do you recommend? When I have had my licence long enough (only had it since February), and am confident enough, we'll be doing the same as you and driving through France/Spain etc.

I just had a thought (hindsight is not always a good thing!), you should have asked for the hotels complaints book. It's the law in Spain that all hotels and restaurants have them, and have to show them to customers. If they refuse to produce it, you can contact the local police. Who are apparantly quite tight on this.
I know it's too late now though!

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.