Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I think if it is special and an anniversary, go for a hotel. It might not be cheap, but certainly special
Having worked in IT, sorry Information Technology, for 30+ years, (thankfully early retirement called 2 years ago) I got used to acronyms, normally TLAs - sorry Three Letter Acronyms.

I am a little lost with IFGWIM (sounds welsh to me!) - so can someone please let me know what it means.

Regards and thanks, Chris
Hi TFS - No it's not Welsh - I think Maudy meant IFYKWIM - If You Know What I Mean :wink: :wink:
maudy
Have you tried http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk
Found them to be fairly reasonable in the past and they have an array of apartments/hotels avail.for your dates.
Lol thanks for clearing that up for me, I knew it was wrong when i was writing it, lol.

Thanks for the link, am looking just now.
We would choose a hotel. BB is the best way for us. Most hotels will change bedding daily, including the towels. Make the beds, dust and tidy the room. Most important to us, they make your breakfast, you don't have to leave the place to find a somewhere to eat. Self catering means shopping, preperation and washing-up urghh.
Hotel gives the added assurance, if it's wrong, there is someone to complain to.
Private lets are usually out of resort, a long walk or a taxi ride away from the centre.
We have found recently that tour operators are basing prices on 3 adults sharing, then charging under occupancy. We as customers should address this point. Mainly, even in this crazy world it is still couples who travel and occupy a bedroom. Sorry gone off thread.
Make sure whatever you choose, it's near civilisation, some apartments and hotels are somewhat remote. You can get plenty of advice from this link.
Enjoy your holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.