Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I seriously doubt that it's called the PUTA Del Mar, since "puta" in Spanish means prostitute :lol: :lol:
Could it be Punta Del Mar ? ...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g562815-d272936-Reviews-Hotel_d_Or_Punta_del_Mar-Santa_Ponsa_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html
oops! :oops: what a mistake to make, the wife is standing next to me with a baseball bat! :shock: griff
Best laugh on here in ages LOl :rofl
What a fab mistake to make :swear
Yes, you would get some strange reactions in Santa Ponsa asking for directions to the Puta Del Mar...Prostitute of the Sea. You never know, you might seal a bargain and have a whale of a time. On the other hand, you might flounder, skate on thin ice and end up feeling a right haddock...and be careful, there are sharks out there. :wink: :wink: :lol:
hi all , "black eyed" peter here ! with reference to pollensa,s fishy reply
after the wife was finnished with me for making that error ,i feel like a poor "sole" :cry: after i took a "battering" :cry: from now on just call me "nemo". griff
I am going there first week in July - last year's reviews seemed to be really good, so here's hoping it is as good as it sounds - better get the name right for the taxi driver at Palma!! :wink:
I don't think Puta is actually as polite as 'Prostitute'. It is better translated as 'whore'! :lol:
I don't think Puta is actually as polite as 'Prostitute'. It is better translated as 'whore'!

That's correct. For the purposes of this forum I thought I would stick to the "nice" translation. The **VERY* worst insult you can give a Spaniard is...Hijo/Hija de puta...Son/Daughter of a...
thanks everyone that makes me feel a whole lot better :wink:
as you can see i have the subject title changed to punta, thanks to friends in high places! i hope it made you smile :D and when you walk past the hotel think of me [ha ha] griff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.