Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Lillie - can't tell you much about the hotel except it is in a really nice location with great views.

As for the Square - the entertainment kicks off tonight - so will be up and running by the time your holiday comes along.
Hi Lillie

We have been to SP for the first 2 weeks in June for the last couple of years and I can honestly say we have only had one really dull cloudy day, other than that the weather has been great.

I would say though that it can get a bit chilly in the evening sitting in the square, best to take a light jacket/jumper or cardigan.

The Square will be in full swing by June - dont know what acts are lined up for this season but there is usually a good mixture to suit most tastes. There is a big notice board by the entrance to the square and all the weeks acts are displayed there.

Have a great time!!

Carmel :wave
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel.

If anyone has stayed here recently and not yet written a review, please do so via the above link.

Many thanks. :D
I am off there on 23 June for a week. I was there last year the first week in July and the weather was gorgeous, so hoping for the same this year. Anything specific you need to know about the hotel, please ask and I will try to help. I loved it there and am looking forward to going back.
:lol: We are going the punta del mar on the same day 23rd June for one
week, we have not stayed in this hotel before but looks lovely, Just wanted to know what is the best floor to stay on as some rooms look as if the balconys are undercover and some are not. also if you have there email address, really cant wait to go have been to Santa before a few years ago and loved it. We are staying half board and all the write up seem quite good on the food but properly eat out some of the time. maybe see you out there
Hi
We are going to punta del mar on 31st may can't wait i will post a review when i return on 7th june,been to santa ponsa loads of times but not this hotel allways wanted to stay there,my brother has stayed there and said everything about it is fantastic apart from entertainment but we go to the square anyway so not too bothered about that.
Sorry Kenny Boy
punta del mar has a web site its on (d'or hoteles )i think
Hi kenny boy. We stayed on the same floor as reception which is actually floor number 6: you go down I think to floor 4 for the dining room and then futher down to the pool and bar level.

I am going to conatct the hotel before we go to see if we can get the reception floor again - we really liked it, and as many reviewers have said, the view from all the rooms is lovely. Our balcony was quite small but didn't bother us - balcines on the floors below us were much larger and as you say "open". We don't spend a lot of time in the room or on the balcony so it's not such an important consideration for us.

You'll get the web site on D'Or Hotels. The food was great last year -didn't stay in for any entertainment at night - we prefer to go out and there's always loads going on in Santa Ponsa. Can't wait to get back there - look forward to seeing oldies review before we head off.
does anyone no the e mail address for this hotel i have loked on dor hotels but could not find it thanks
Hi lillie2 the email address is punta@dorhoteles.com.we will be there in two weeks time,can't wait.
Hi We have been and come back,we was on reception floor smallish balconys and covered byt that is on the side with no pool view,i think pool vie sides are open,there was a few complaints this time i think because of staff shortages,comlaints about rooms and food we personaly could'nt falt it but you can't please some people.
We have just got back from punta del mar we are repeat guests but must admit standards have dropped we went for 7 nights and 5 of them we had to lay our own tables and were not offered drinks and plates were not cleared during courses.We were on 3rd floor with large balconys but friends who were next door there room was very overcrowded they had no tv no phone and no safe deposit box. we ahve all agreed we wont be going back in the near future, but the views are still teriffic.
Hi Lillie 2 It is'nt looking very good for the hotel at the moment,we got back on 7th you must have been there while we was,we was on 6th floor all the rooms seem to differ on that side,we had two bathrooms a lounge a bedroom two wardrobe s a safe and tv,but no fridge,others had full kitchens but no safe or wardrobes.The views are spectacular but everyone said it has gone right down and won't be returning
Very disappointed to hear the negatives recently on this hotel since I am returning there on the 23rd June. Last year it was great, so it's shame to see that it seems to be going downhill. At least it was a very cheap holiday, and is not our main one tihs year!
Well, just back from the Punta Del Mar on Saturday nigt and pleased to say that I don't have any complaints at all - no negatives to report and the hotel was as good as it was last year. Didn't hear any complaints from others while we were there either. :lol:
hi can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk to the square from jutlandia apts 8)
Hi Anjy
It's a fair walk from there,jutlandia are right round the other side of the bay.It could take you upto 30mins and a steep hill to climb.We got a taxi from the beach to just past the squre at a cost of E4.If you take a look at santponsascene there is a street map on it with locations of all the hotels and appartments and will give you an idea of the location.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.