Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
What time of year are you going Kay? This time of year everything in Benalmadena is geared towards families. If you want a quieter hliday, you may be better off going slightly inland or going to a much smaller resort.
Thanks for the quick reply Alifrank!

We're thinking of going about 8/9/10th July 2005. It's myself going with my husband and our two sons who will be 11 & 14. Even though we're going with our kids, I can't be doing with a family hotel with lots of kids.. I like hotels suitable for famalies & couples.

As you say, it sounds like I would like a smaller resort or going more inland.

TIA again.

Kay.
There is lots to keep your boys occupied in and around Benal, so you could always come in to town. Or, how about a nice rented appartment. Food is so cheap, it means you could get around and not have to worry about meal times. If you've always stayed in hotels, I would suggest renting for a change. It's a lot cheaper and you get a lot more freedom.... and no! you don't have to cook! Lots of lovely tapas bars for lunch (Mc Donalds for the kids?), and the money you save on a hotel, you could hire a car for the duration and see the REAL Andalucia!
We've thought about renting a villa etc, but we think we would prefer a hotel.

We went to a lovely, quiet hotel earlier this month, and it didn't have a kids club or mini disco (bliss!!) in Costa De Almeria. I am so tempted to book there again, but I know there's other hotels and resorts out there that I'll love, but it's finding them!!

We really love Spain, but we go there for Spain, we don't like British bars & cafes etc. We are also learning Spanish, so it's good practise trying to speak it in shops or bars when the Spanish don't speak English!

Kay.
Kay I have never been to this hotel although we have thought about it for next year! I have stayed at the sol don pedro (small sister to don pablo!) And my wife and i found it very nice indeed not too many kids they seem to be in the pablo. Its quite spanish in as far as its surroundings. we liked it because it was well situated to explore the real spain easy access to trains etc. Nerja and mijas were two favorite places to visit. The costa Del sol was a very pleasant surprise to us as we thought it was all lager louts and kiss me quick hats!! Its actually a very lovely place to visit and so easy to get around to marbella and puerto banus. Whatever you decide have a lovely holiday we may bump into you as we are reconsidering going back to the don pedro!!

Tony.
People forget that the Spanish come to Benalmadena for their holidays too, so it definitely isn't all lager louts
Looking to book the hotel Siroco in Benalmadena for october.Read quite a few comments mainly good! A couple of them mention having a fridge in the room, is this standard in all rooms or just the superior ones?Can anyone help?thanks in advance.
Hi, yes the fridges are only in superior rooms, we stayed there for 2 weeks end of Feb/Mar' and your pretty central for everything, the food is very good, the rooms are clean and the superior rooms have 2 double beds! Have a good holiday.
this hotel was one of the best I have stayed in, and Ive been in a lot, but make sure you ask for a superior room :D
I have booked to go here in oct for a week,has anyone been here recently and whats it like? There are 5 of us travelling and wondered what was the best way to get there from the airport, do taxis just take 4 passengers cos if so we would need 2?Thanks
Sirroco has been modernised recently and is a popular hotel. You could easily cross the road at the airport and get the train to Arroyo De la Miel (Benalmadena). You could then get a taxi outside the station downhill to the hotel which will only cost a few euros.
Have a look at this link
http://www.malaga-airport-guide.com/Airport-Transfers.html

or this one which will give you a price
http://shuttledirect.com/en/php/airport_shuttle_direct.php
Hi just wondering wot the weather is usually like at the end of oct, planning on going 2 benalmadena and looking 4 a bit if sun.. also if anyone knows anything about the hotel siroco.. got good deal but dont know wether r not 2 book it.. thanks
Hi Chico ... I have merged your post with this existing discussion about Hotel Siroco. You may now find some useful info here in earlier posts, as well as on our reviews page:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-del-sol/benalmadena/best-siroco-hotel/

For info and discussion about the weather, please check out the following topic:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=272

David :wave
Can anyone tell me the hotel sirocco's e-mail address?
Thanks David.

Are you psychic jules, I haven't told you yet :hmmm :hmmm :lol:

From what I can see, the Hotel Siroco e-mail address is siroco@besthotels.es and the group website is http://www.besthotels.es

David :wave
No not phsychic David but knew you would find it for me!!Thanks again.
We're going the Hotel Siroco Benalmadena on 4th March for a week and have booked a standard room. I'm now wondering whether it would be worth asking about an upgrade to a superior room. Does anybody have any idea what both standard of rooms are like? It's our first holiday abroad since 2003 so want it to be nice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.