Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Whilst you are waiting for some replies, why not check out our review section HERE.

Kath HT Admin
here is a video of the sol principe

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=84349

sanji
  • Edited by Sanji 2007-05-02 18:45:50
Called in the Sunset Beach club a few weeks ago as some friends were staying there. Was only in the main bar but wasn't very impressed, nice views though. Full of kids screaming and jumping all over the place. May not be fair comment as I didn't stay there but have been in much better hotels around that area.
Thanks for the video it was very interesting. Would you recommend any of nicer hotels Jacky as i am totally open at this stage... I just know those two from brochures
we stayed at the Sol Principe in Jan. this year and could not fault it.
Aircon (heat) was working fine then. Good room and excellent food.
It costs 653 euros per person for 2 weeks half board in Sol Melia Costa Del Sol and 525 euros per person for 2 weeks half board in Hotel sol Principe. Is there much in the difference between these two places. If its same thing give or take I might try and go with Hotel Sol Principe?
Hi Sunworshipper, I can whole heartedly recommend the Riu Nautilus in Torremolinos,.You can book it with Portland direct or DIY by the website INVALID URL on the promenade and only a short walk to Belamadena marina even though it's in Torremolinos.
Having been twice to the Sol Principe I can only comment on that hotel. It is a family hotel and has a flinstone theme to it. It was certainly a nice hotel and very family orientated and there is also the Sol Principito apartments in the same grounds. The entertainment staff work hard to keep the kids going through the day and they also give a show in the evening before the main entertainment at night. He main pool does get busy but there is another at the back of the hotel, which actualy looks onto the beach, which is quieter if you prefer. All in all it is a very good hotel in my opinion. Was refurbished in 2001.
Hi

we stayed at the sol principe in January great hotel food very good entertainment good the kids loved it. 2 outdoor poools and 1 indoor kids have there own diner fred flintstone themed and there is an outside theatre.

For the price we payed it was a great hotel rooms are spacious cleaned every day cannot fault this hotel at all

Gary
we have stayed 12 times in sol Principe.It is totally everthing you need in a holiday,good food,accomadation entertainment ,nowa property owner and visiter to hotel.can`t keep away
the sol and the melia are chalk and cheese..at the melia u wont get the same atmopshere or entertainment at all..it will be much more low key...more sophistci
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.