Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Joy. The Sunset Beach complex is prominent on this web link. Royal Oasis at Benal Beach is practically opposite Castillo Bil Bil and backing on to the Parque Municipal (Paloma Park). Hope this helps.
http://www.sunsetbeachclub.com/inet_EN_map.htm
thank for that Tony.
We are going to the Sunset Beach Club at the end of April and our friends are staying at the Royal Oasis club so as I havent been to Benalmadena before I have been trying to find out if the two complexes were in the same area, if it is waking distance between the two or if we would need to use taxis. I think by the look of your map, walking will be fine.
Hi Joy. Know the area well and will also be out in April. I'd say Sunset Beach to Benal Beach by Shank's Pony will take about 15 minutes. Funnily enough, two new bus routes started on March 1 which will take you most of the way before turning up "Palm Avenue". The L2 and LC stop right outside Sunset Beach and cost a flat 1.10 euros, however long the journey. Can't miss the buses - they are painted orange! I enclose link for timetables.
http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/ima/pdf/benalmadena-urb.pdf
Joy, meant to add that a new Benalmadena open-deck tourist bus starts on April 1, which will take you to points of interest such as the Marina, Paloma Park, Arroyo, Tivoli World and Castillo Bil Bil.
Tickets cost 6.50 euros and are good for 24 hours. During that time you can get off and on and as many times as you like (very handy for enjoying a few glass of Rioja and some tapas!).
Have a great holiday!
Thanks again for all the info Tony
Might give the open top bus a try.
Great news about the new bus services Tony, thanks for the timetable link. My own place is on Calle de Alemania, across from Sunset Beach Club, so those buses will be perfect for me.

I'll be there in 9 days time, so I'll make good use of them during my stay.

Cheers,

JJ.
:roll: Hi all a great forum, we think one of the best, well done to all .
We last went to Benalmadena 20 years ago, and are looking to go back end of October begining of November to Sunset Beach Club, this will be for our 40th Birthday Celeabration one of them anyway!!! anyone been to Sunset Beach Club recently reveiws are a year old. What do you think the weather will be like then . We look forward to your replies.....[
Hi Lorry ... are you checking the correct page, the most recent reviews are from June this year .... please click here.

David :wave
oh great thanks for that we did not search here
Hi I am planning on booking the sunset beach for oct and dont know to book the interior or exterior apartment, the interior is 100e cheaper but does anyone know is there much difference. Thanks
Hi there

I gather that the inside apartments have no view but have an inside patio.

The outside ones will have sea or mountain view and an outside patio. Bear in mind that it could still be decent weater in Oct. before you make your decision.

Personally I would prefer to pay the extra and have the open patio with views.
i have booked for late september and the description of the interior rooms state it has a large balcony. is this the case? or am is it just the patio?
Hi again, I have done a little research and as far as I can make out the interior dont have no balcony or view just looking onto an other apartment, so I have booked the exterior, sunset beach website are doing special offers on exterior apartments at the moment for oct.
i have checked again and the sunset beach club website states all rooms have a balcony. has anybody actually stayed in an interior room and can advise whether this is the case.
8) Hi all new to this site
We are going to benalmadena this sunday for three days for one of my 40th birthday presents staying at sunset beach club can anyone give me any information on resort and hotel this time of year please

EDIT: Merged with existing thread, which you had previously posted in lorry. We also have more new reviews since your last visit, which you can access via the link in my earlier post.
David HT Mod
Hi everyone

A group of us have decided to stay at the sunset beach apartments, we have read mixed reviews on this place and location.

I was wondaring if anyone can clear up if this is a good place to stay and locations wise if it is walkable to the main resort. Is it possible to walk to the marina? main resort? nightclubs/bars? 24 hour sqaure?

Any clarification is appreciated.

thanks
Pete
Hi Petemill

Sunset Beach is at the far end of Benalmadena going towards Fuengirola - there are a few bars about 5 mins walk from the resort and also some restaurants - Cristal is very good and there are also a couple of cheap Chinese places. There are plenty of other places to eat and drink further along the front - to walk to the Marina would take you about 25 mins. The 24 hour square is near the Marina but the Marina itself is better for nightlife (especially if you're over 25!).
I've not stayed in the apartments but I use the gym there - from what I've seen of the apartments they look well appointed and there is a lovely large pool and gardens and the beach is minutes away.
Hope this helps.
Liz
Going to the Sunset Beach Club Benalmadena at the end of sept.Could anyone tell me if pool towels are provided.Also are there hairdyers in the rooms.
Hi,

Just got back from the Sunset Beach Club, had a great time there, lovely hotel. We had a room on the 4th Floor over looking the Swimming Pool area, Room had a hair dryer in the bathroom, sat TV ( BBC1 and ITV). You can hire towels for the pool area if you wish, I think they were 10 Euro deposit and 2 Euros rental per day. Hotel was very busy while we were there, I guess it is peak season now, found the hotel quite noisy at night, not shouting just people moving around, swimming pool bar open untill 2AM so great for chilling out lots of activities for kids to do (and adults!).
Hotel has welll stocked super market on 1st floor, but a little expensive, would recommend using the one across the road from the hotel, called maxi? its between the shell garage and the burger king, mind the road its very busy!. Food in the hotel was good again a little expensive but conveninet.

Beach sun beds were 4 Euros each.

there is a shopping mall a little walk down the road, turn left as you come out of the Hotel, or take a walk down to the marina one eveing ( Taxi was about 8 Euro's ). If you plan on getting a taxi from the Airport it was about 28 Euro's.

Have a great time

J
Hi and welcome to HT!

Many thanks for your review. I should be grateful if you would copy and paste it into our Hotel Reviews site HERE

Thanks

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.