Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi Rob,

About to book our summer holiday for next year and have chosen Lagomonte in Alucdia, checked up on this site about it and saw that you was thinking of that hotel aswell - how strange! (we were at villa marina same time as you!) Did you book in hte end - if so when are you going?!
Hi Dawn,
Havnt booked it yet but will be doing shortly ,i just need to confirm my holiday dates at work ,should be around the same time as well, (how spookys that!!)

Rob 8)
Hi noticed Neil posted a review about the Villa Marina Club, my kids wanted to know who the entertainment team were this year (we went last year and are going again in July and my kids loved them all)

So if anyone knows or can add to Neils review could you please let me know.

Thanks,

Rob 8)
ps do they still do the Blues Brothers and if so are they still rubbish!!! :twisted:
So, me and 3 of my friends just booked a week in the Hotel Villa Marina Club and I was just wondering about a few things.

Firstly, what's the hotel like for 17-18 year olds? I mean, we're a pretty easy to please bunch. Give us a pool and some sun and we'll be happy, so I can't see there being much wrong with it but is there anything else to do?

Secondly, I've seen some mentions of a free shuttle bus that runs down to the beach. Could anyone tell me how frequently it runs?

Thirdly, what are the drinking laws/restrictions over there, will the 17 year olds be able to take advantage of the free alcoholic drinks in the hotel and if not, would they be able to in the main town?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hi we are going on July 3rd and wondered if the rooms look like they do in the picture? They dont look as bad as people have made out.

EDIT: I have removed the image for copyright reasons, as presumably from the question you are asking, it is not your own personal photo.
David HT Mod
Hi Whattodoinsalou,

Some of the rooms look like that with the sink outside the bathroom, others have a slightly bigger bathroon and two double beds, the rooms are small but they are kept clean and have air conditioning (of a sorts!!) take an old credit type card with you to leave in during the day so the air conditioning stays on.

We fly out to there on the 10th so if you are going for two weeks we will see you there, we went there last year and enjoyed it so much the kids would kill us if we didnt go back.

See you in a frw weeks.

Rob 8)
Thanks Rob!

Glad it isnt just a one-off picture that they have staged really nice and they are actually like that.

Nick
Hi Nick,

Are you there for two weeks cos if you are we will overlap< Im there from the 10th. Its a good idea to take a pint glass with you as the glaases they use in the bar for beer are on the small size but they will fill any glass you take (at least they did last year)

See you there Rob
Yeah we are there for two weeks, thanks for the tip any other helpful ones like that?
Hi Nick,

Just a few others, if your around the hotel any day around 5.30 the bar mixes up a big bowl of the best Sangria you can imagine, the location of the hotel is quite a way out of the tourist centre but if you turn left when you come out of the hotel and keep going you will after 5 mins come to the station. Behind there is a load of small bars and Tapas bars which are half the price of the new town. Keep walking and you will come to the marina, the best place to go on the beach is to the right of the marina as its much less crowded.

In the restaurant at the bottom end you will find a carvery (a lot of people never get that far!) and just before it the bar where they have bottles of wine you just take to your table.

Ask for a room in the annex as its quieter than the main building, if you want to sit outside for the entertainment make sure you get there early as the outside tables always go first, we didnt have a problem sitting inside though.

If you have kids they will probably enjoy the kids club that runs for four hours a day if you let them the entertainment crew will take them to lunch for you and they do look after them well (we used to sit close by to keep an sys on them) The entertainment team are all Brits and rwally good fun.

Finally last year you could wear shorts in the dining room in the evening.

If I think of anything else or if you have any questions please let me know.

Rob
Hi, can anyone confirm who the entertaiment team are this year. They ones last year were brilliant. Geezer the boss has been there a few years and we hope he still is. :D :D For anyone who hasn't been yet, you get what you pay for and it's as good a 3* as you'll find. If you've got kids let the entertainment team do their job and have a good holiday yourself. My youngest has hearing aids and they have no problem with her joining the games. Its all very safe. So go enjoy your hols.
Hi going on monday so will find out then I guess.

I know that Dean, Lois and Heather arnt there this year but Geezer and Hazel are, dont know if they are covering the Villa Marina though.

Will let you know when I get back (24 July)

Rob
the entertainment staff were really good, there was geezer, frosty, hayley, emma, laura, there was always a quiz and bingo in the early evening and then deal or no deal after the main event at around 11.15 ish. entertainment stopped at 12 sharp.
Hi all
Can any one help me Im off with my family to Hotel villa marina on 13th August 06, been reading too may reports, conflicting, is is as bad as people are saying :?, or am I worrying aimlessly, I need some info, from people who have just returned. the children are 11 and 13
Any replys would be greatful good or bad.

Chrissy thanks Im waiting ha ha
martyand chrissy
we returned on the 18th July. the reports from last year are quite bad but this years seem better. the hotel staff were friendly, the evening entertainment was good. the rooms were small but your not spending a lot of time there. the snack bar had pizza, chips, hot dogs and burgers. there are two pools they are quite small. the restaurant had a good choice and the food was always hot..there is usually a carvery at the bottom of the restaurant. there were bottles of wine sitting to help yourself to and the machines with fresh juice and cold water. if you wanted anything else to drink the bar is just beside it. the hotel was clean and the rooms cleaned daily. if you want a taxi ask at reception and they will order one. if there is a problem ask for eva the manager and she will sort it out for you. there is a free minibus goes to the seafront from 10-11.30 and 4-5 i think. its written up at reception. if you go out of the hotel and turn left and left again there is a supermarket at the end of the road on the left. turn right and there are shops all the way to the seafront (20-30min walk)
our room was in the main building but i dont think the other building is finished to as high a standard.
Yes, I agree, the reports from last year were bad, I went at the end of October and I came across none of the problems that have been reported by others who went in October also. The only thing we found was that if you go at the end of October that is when there are a lot of older Spanish people there. The government give the pensioners free holidays in Spain and there were a lot at this time of year. So if your thinking of going in October half term be prepared.
MIM31
Thanks for that, bit more settled, when I arrive back ill post what its like, hopefully good reports, friends of mine are out there now, they said its ok, foods hot and beers cold so I think we should be ok, although there is thunder and lightening !!!
:)
Hi Just arrived back from Villa Marina Club, just thought id let you know, its not as bad as people are saying, yes the hotel is a little tired, but to be fair our room was cleaned everyday,and clean towels replenished, we were lucky we had room outside the jaccusi, if you get rooms 201,202,or 203 your laughing :) The entertainment was as good as you get in a family hotel, although older kids will find it boring, food was very good always hot and varied, drinks were fine, although you have to wait in line sometimes, overall not bad, Gezza was a good bloke [ but dont take his bike], very pleasant, only thing was, the girls are a bit inmature, but the kids like them!, take extra cash for trips, bingo, raffle tickets. The jaccussi, only get in it every otherday, when its cleaned out, and only half works it also switches off at 5.30pm. Good luck to all just have a relax and a few beers
Glad you enjoyed your stay, but can you let me know what the hotel has done about the new smoking laws. Is the hotel still a smoking one or have the rooms gone non-smoking, and can you still smoke in the bar or do you have to sit outside. Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.