Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Every year I go through the search of finding an a/I but within or at least walking distance to a town or some turkish life.

Olu deniz would be a good choice as there is a choice of 3 or more A/Is right in the centre . I can recommend the Belcekiz beach hotel . Its a much smaller hotel than those along the Belek coast but the staff and food are fab ,always gets fab reviews and you will find it hard to beat as far as location for an A/I . There isnt the facilities of some of the larger A/Is but its location will more than make up for that and worth mentioning that is mainly british guests.

Last year we stayed at the Aegean dream resort in turgetreis. That is within a 10/15 min walk of the town and there is plenty to do there over the high season of July /August including free watersports .We had a fabulous time there but reviews are mixed either side of the main holiday period where the food and facilities appear to be is reduced.

This year I have chose the Hemera in side .Again excellent reviews and from what Ive heard and read plenty to keep our teenagers happy with some shops and bars close by and side with 20-30 minutes walk.

Hope that helps
lyn
Well I've also been to the Belceckic Beach Club in Olu Deniz and would say that suits your needs pretty well. It is walkable into the little town and there is loads to do in this part of Turkey, shopping, boat trips, mudbaths, historical sites of interest, jumping off mountains, learning to dive......

Also if you can manage with Full Board Plus rather than AI the difference being that you just get drinks with your meals, but really there are places you can eat from 7.30 in the morning till late at night because as one shuts something else opens, Club Lykia World would be good too. You need to get a mini cab in and out to Olu Deniz, but the hotel has its own on-site taxi service of which there is an endless supply. I would say there is more for a 14 year old at Lykia than at the BB, the downside is the need for cabs.
Gumbet is a lively resort with plenty to do for all ages, youngsters particularly, and it is also very close to Bodrum. The only decent AI in the resort is WOW resort but if you would consider a B&B hotel or SC apartments I could recommend a few really nice places. We always go SC as there are so many nice places to eat out in Bodrum and Gumbet.

Kedi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.