Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I have also received a letter from First Choice regarding the Building of 4 new villas behind the hotel. The work will be ongoing until the end of August. Has anyone just returned from here and if so how bad is it and what parts of the hotel does it affect?????
Had a letter as well, rang them yesterday and apparantely noise can be heard in all parts of the hotel.

They graded the disturbance as:- 3 for noise, 3 for visual and 1 for dust, 5 being the highest.

I was told the building work can be seen from all rooms at back of hotel and from the bar terrace.

They offered us a complete change of destination with no admin costs which is a little late when we travel on 4th July!

We were unlucky enough to be at the Royal Park in Elenite last year which was a complete disaster and first choice told us so many lies we really didn't need this!!!

:cry: :cry:
Thanks for the info AmandaSteve what sort of alternatives did they offer you
Sorry but alternatives weren't up to much, said AI hotels were booked but would find out from reps in resort whether they could fit us in!!

Cala N Bosch, sur menorca, insotel club, barcela menorca were all mentioned, we would have to pay the difference if any of these worked out more expensive. Then told we could change resort, country, dates etc without the admin fee, tried to explain that not that easy to change holidays from work, schools etc.

After last year we took a lot of time choosing this holiday, if we'd have wanted to book late we'd have waited and got a cheap deal.

The only reason we booked with First choice this year was because they paid us compensation last year in a voucher, never again. Just don't trust them.
We have decided to go. Just getting into the mindset of not being in my room during the day!

switching hotels is not an option any more, they all seem to be fully booked so will have to grin and bear it!

As soon as we are back ill let you know how it is!

Wish me luck!!! :?
Good Luck Kidda look forward to your comments when you get back
Have a great time, if you're there for 2 weeks don't forget to save us some sun loungers on the 4th.
just a week unfortunatley!! At least you will get a heads up before you leave! :lol:
Hi

Just returned and encountered no noise from the building work what so ever!! Just to let you know the rear of the hotel is that which faces the Beach, however, Tarpaulin has been put up so you can no see the work & the Police are called everyday. On one day they were with the manager taking Photos.

It is a noisy hotel, carpet in the halls would be nice and perhaps doors when you come off the stairs,the kis run riot, even at 2am!!! You might as well slept in the corridor some nights, but you get used to it. The Air-Con is being fixed in the restuarant and this woke us at 0715am one morning

Not all rooms come with a Balcony or Terecce. I booked on-line with FC and recieved confirmation saying this came as part of the room, nothing was mentioned about this not being guarenteed. We arrived at the hotel after 12am (2 hour delay at LGW due to a storm and groundstar loading the wrong bags!) and was allocated a room with a window only. I did complain to the Rep (no help, more or less said it was our fault.....FC sent the confirmation, not me) and the head receptionist. Told we could move the day before we left!

I am in the process of writing a letter of complaint to FC about this as we feel this took some of our enjoyment out of the holiday and they should have put some thing on the correspondence they send customers to avoid this in the future. We travelled as a childless couple and like to have somewhere to escape in the evening, especially during kids disco, where its quiet and this was not possible!

:roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.