Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
the most southerly of the grrek islands is Krity [or Crete in english] have not been in may but oct temps similar to Cyprus, have been to Kos in may
that was quite warm [kos is very close to turky] both start their seasons beginning of may

wizard
It may sound obvious but the further south and east you go the better its likely to be. Rhodes is almost guaranteed from mid May. Most of Greece is OK from June although sea temps. are still quite low in the north.
Rhodes or Symi are probably your best best. Crete catches the wind a bit much for an early season "swelter" holiday (that said up until 3 June last year it had been in the 90s for a fortnight....it then turn to low 70s and dodgy - guess what day I arrived??! :roll: )
Thanx. Is Zante hot at end of May/June? So is my best bet Kos or Rhodes then?
Zante can be - but at this time of the year the Ionian can be "variable"!
thats why a hotel i looked at in tsilivi said it had air con from 14th of june. But in the brochures it has zante hotter than kos and rhodes but they always lie. so r u deffinately saying rhodes and kos will be hot? :D
You can't guarantee "hot", especially with climate change - the season in Greece is getting shorter, you used to be able to guarantee good weather from early May until mid October, but not any more. How "hot" are you looking for?
Could I just comment that there is a BIG difference between Early May and Late June!

Your post might get a more direct answer if you could specify your dates.

Also try http://www.wunderground.com/

Try typing in your destination and the dates for the same week in 2006 to get some idea as to last years weather. However, as other posters have suggested, Global Warming etc. etc.
just the same as it is in cyprus. so it is sunny all day with no clouds. 30+ :D
If you're looking for guarantees there ar'nt any but on average the Dodecanese are a better bet than the Ionian for early and late season
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.