General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
House Insurance
5 Posts
Do you know anyone who might want to housesit, even if it's only at the weekends? Perhaps a young person who is still living at home, if you know anyone with son/daughter who would be trustworthy?

Any young colleagues at work who might help you out maybe?

I honestly can't think of anything else you could do.
As sandc said if you can get someone to stay in the house for at least 1 night during the first 30 day period and then again for the next 30 day period.

Friends had the same problem when they went for 3 month stay in Australia. Insurance did not say that that is what they should do but other people recommended it and the insurance was still valid.

All insurance companies have the same condition.

Gail
Superfrac

Our house insurance is with Barclays and they cover you for 60 days whilst the property is empty. It states on the policy that should we require cover for longer periods to contact them so I would imagine for extra premium they will extend the cover.

Regards Jackie
Yes some give 60 days and I'm sure some will extend the cover for a further premium. You also may have to fulfil certain requirement eg: Turn off the water.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.