Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
having been to both resorts a few times i personally prefer olu deniz but i do like icmeler too, but found olu slightly less hassle and the scenery nicer, i love the lagoon area, but everyone likes different things so im sure theres a few members that prefer icmeler
Hi,

I too have been to both and it all depends on what sort of holiday you prefer. I found Olu Deniz lacked the atmosphere of Icmeler/ We stayed in Belcekiz Beach which was lovely but when we wandered around the town it was not the buzz ofIcmeler.

I thought the lagoon was over-rated, very crowded but it is soewhere that you would have to visit.

The beach was a lot bigger than Icmeler but a lot harder to walk on especially in the heat and to get into the sea was awkward to walk on the large cobbles at the sea edge. Once in the water was lovely.

That is my opinion and so back to Icmeler. Everyones tastes are different. I expect there are those that prefer the quiter Olu Deniz
I think Olu Deniz is a little bit of paradise. So pretty with it being surrounded by mountains. The lagoon is best viewed from above so I am afraid its paragliding for you all. Or from out at sea. When you are on top of it you can't see it. There are other beaches around the lagoon that are free, less crowded and with better views.

If the season is quiet I suppose it may be a bit on the quiet side. It seems to get a bit livlier later on if you can stay awake that long (after 11.pm) as a lot of the people that work in the area get into the bars.

I love the laid back atmosphere.

Da
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.