Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Not sure how many Km but I would think it is about 50 minutes drive from the airport to Mojacar
According to Microsoft Auto Route Express it is 46 miles from Almeria Airport to Mojacar. Hope this helps. 8)
Sounds about right - it's motorway practically all the way, just gets a bit slower from Los Gallardos to Mojacar though there is new road open so you can avoid Turre.
It means going a bit further on the Los Gallardos to Gerrucha highway before turning right and hitting the normal Mojacar road between the Pueblo and the Playa.
Thanks for that.

Is it an easy route to drive? We have never driven in Spain before. We will be arriving at about 5.00pm and staying at the Garrucha end of the playa.
No problem what so ever in driving in Spain, roads are really good.
Did the drive from Almeria airport to Mojacar Playa and back last April. Went there using the motorway, came back the more 'scenic' route that initially takes you through the winding mountain roads just outside Mojacar. It won't take you more than an hour either way though the motorway route is a little further distance-wise. If you are staying at the Garrucha end, I would probably do the same as we did and use the motorway route going and then decide if you want to come back the other way once you are used to driving in Spain.
Be warned you will need a head for heights to do the scenic route especially on the return trip to the airport. 8) 8)
According to route planner it is 79k from almeria to mojacar.

Driving is fine. If I can do it, anybody can!

Diane
diane is right it is really easy, and it worth coming back though the mountain pass if you can as the views are marvellous, it takes about 50mins or so as with going any where it all depends on how fast you drive.Good Luck Sandra
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.