General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
To be honest I doubt you should take advice about plastic surgery from a message board!
Surely you get the advice you need from reliable sources beforehand!
as above surley your surgon will able to give you this advice. and go with what they say, otherwice you will end up looking like micheal jackson on a bad day :rofl :rofl
PLEASE, please seek the advice of the surgeon who will be carrying out the procedure and follow their advice to the letter. And only their advice - they will be the expert on exactly what they intend doing, what they actually did in the end and what is the safest course of action for the procedure carried out.

And make sure that your travel insurer is fully aware of what you intend having done. If there are any post-op complications you could find yourself in real difficulty re any problems if you have to extend your stay etc, if you have not declared this to them in advance.

SM
I fully endorse Sma's comments. There has been a thread running on HT for the past few days re.holiday insurance and as many posters stated most insurance policies do not cover someone who recently had surgery.
I agree with the others, get the advice of the surgeon carrying out the procedure. You should also find out how soon after the surgery it is safe to travel as you are looking at a long flight. Good advice too about the travel insurance, you have to be absolutely certain you are covered.

Pam :)
You certainly will not be allowed to check in with bandages on your face as the staff need to look at your face completely uncovered!
You certainly will not be allowed to check in with bandages on your face as the staff need to look at your face completely uncovered!

The only person qualified to give advice is your surgeon/doctor - Probably more important will be a letter from your doctor/surgeon confirming "Fitness to Travel" if it is evident you have had surgery. You will be refused boarding without it.

fwh
I am not giving advice! I explaining to him/her that if your face is partially covered you will have to uncover it at check in for staff to identify you with your passport photo.
I know people can change during the 10 year life of a passport but they still need to see your full face.
The regulations may be different in Canada but I doubt it.
Jay

I understood what you were saying, I took your post as being an addition to what others had posted re. doctors permission and insurance. I didn't you had meant as it advice, but just an observation from someone who has travelled a lot..

Judith
Hi Judith,It isnt your post I am referring to but the one above mine which seems to infer I am giving advice,even as 40years as a nurse I would never give anyone medical advice on here,but I have travelled the world my self and know the face must be totally uncovered at check in.Even women who have their faces covered with a veil because of religion have to uncover their faces,albeit in private.
I am now wondering if the original post is genuine?
It seems strange for you to be travelling from India to Canada for surgery when many people go to India for it. :que
As you have had your answer I'm locking this now
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.