Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hurghada egypt
10 Posts
I am due to go to Hurghada next month too and heard you have to stay in your hotel and the excursions have been cancelled due to no petrol/diesel. Also a lot of the hotels are running out of food.
Looks like we are in for a "different" holiday :(
Talia,I dont know where you have read that advice but someone who lives in Hurghada is posting on TA dailyand although its quieter than normal there is no trouble and the food comes in by air anyway so no shortages.
The hotel we stayed at in December had a sister hotel,over the road and we could use all the facilities.
Both set of guests used both hotels which wouldnt work if everyone was confined to the hotel.
The only area where people are not advised to go is Dahar which is the area where people live.
Not may tourists visit there anyway as its not for the faint hearted.We loved it and If I could get a holiday from my local airport I would be off tomorrow.
Go and enjoy your holiday. :sun2
Phew, thats a relief. I was told the info from a couple of people that are just back from Hurghada.
Fingers crossed all will be fine when we go then.
Thanks
we are due to go to makadi bay in march, very disapointed as we only booked so we could do excursions to cairo and luxor, but now we cannot go on them, thomas cook say we cannot change our holiday without losing a lot of money. Im disgusted, how tour operaters expect you to stay in hotel,you could be anywhere. We just wanted to see egypt.
Just got back from Hurghada (landed 2 hours ago), we travelled to the Stella Makadi Hotel in Makadi Bay.

We arrived on 28 January and the hotel was really busy, restaurant was always full and it was difficult to find a place to sit in the evening, we later found out from the guest relation team that the hotel had 90% occupancy when we arrived.

After 3 days of our holiday the other nationalities in our hotel started being pulled out, by the end of the first week the hotel was virutually empty, the guest relations team told us the hotel had 15% occupancy.

Due to the low number of guests the hotel sacked half of its staff, closed down half of the blocks of rooms in the hotel and there was a shortage of food due to supplies not arriving from Cairo (this again was told to us by the hotels guest relations team).

On our flight home we heard numerous stories of guests being moved to different hotels half way through their holiday because their hotel had closed down.
ive just come back from aquapark hurghada although the town isnt all that there was plenty of food. aqua park is mega huge in fact we got lost looking for our apartment. the food is all the same in all the resturants breakfast the best and chips for lunch (im not a fussy eater) the staff are fantastic clean no probs the park is 70% eastern european there is a no towel on sun bed rule yea right for children fantastic the show next door is worth going to . macdonals is close by use only the parks taxis there cheap they have a mini bus which takes you to the beach be prepared for a mad dash to get on . the beach is divided stay on the side alloted to the park then inclusive food is available any questions please ask
am going to grand siva beach hurghada 2/3 does anyone know if you have to pay to get a visa as we are not planning going anywhere on beach and hotel grounds !!
Yes you do have to pay for a visa when you arrive in hurgarda airport, even if you are not travelling outside. I think its about £15.
When you enter the airport turn left and get the vias from the bank kiosks as the Reps will insist you buy it off him for more money!
The hotel you are going to is lovely as we had a look around when we stayed over the road.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.