Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
It really depends on what you want to do sightseeing-wise. And how much running from A to B you want to do.

In reality it is 48 transport plus 48 attractions as The transport ticket is seperate from everything. So can use that at a different time to the museum ticket if you wish.

I've used it a couple of times. More likely to see stuff I am not sure about that way.
Thanks Helen. Although we like to walk I am aware that we better not do too much the day before the marathon. He's trekked all round Rome before and ended up running the marathon with a blister! Which places did you enjoy that you may not have gone to without the card?
I believe that the Bijbels museum and Allard Pierson Museum come into that category. Things that I'd probrably like to go to see but am unsure as to the length of time I'd spend there.
If you just want the transport card, you can buy them easily - either a vending machine at Amsterdam Centraal or at the tourist information.
It's €7.50 for 24 hours and €12.00 for 48 hours. Again depending on first use. These at least may be handy because the closest to a single you'll get otherwise is €2.70 for an hour.
Thanks again Helen- really handy information for both transport and museums. I will go off and find out a bit more about those museums. :)
Just to say that we did actually just buy the transport card. OH got a reduced price for a 3 day one through the marathon organisers. However, we did just walk most places. Loved Amsterdam :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.