Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi dumski,

Great report, thanks.

Baldur

P.S. I think that you'll find that what you saw as the "tepaha" in Sveti Vas is actually the Gerana (ГЕРАНА in Bulgarian).
your probably right - i'm assuming that it's mainly English speakers on here who would probably read it as Tepha - either way you can't miss the huge orange sign right by the roundabout.

forgot to ask anyone if they new where miami restuarant is? we saw signs forit when out in the day and mr taxi driver gave us a flyer but we never actually saw it anywhere.

can anyone help for my next trip?

cheers
forgot to ask anyone if they new where miami restuarant is? we saw signs forit when out in the day and mr taxi driver gave us a flyer but we never actually saw it anywhere.

Just select 'Miami' on the interactive Sveti Vlas map.

Not too far from the Gerana by the look of it.

Baldur
Very glad to hear you had a nice time.
Prices sound ok considering the state of the £, and good to see the £/Lev exchange getting better.

:sun2 toonman
hi hope you had good holiday but do you no the price of golden virgina or blue victory cheers :)
I'm afraid I don't know the price of other cigs. I don't smoke.
It was only our Irish nieghbour moaning at the price of malrboro. :que
aren't they about 6 quid over here and less that half porice isn't goood enough? no pleasing some
Hi mammabear,

Bulgartabac are increasing/have increased the prices of some of their brands (the lower-priced ones like Sredets & Eva) from mid-May but the Victory range are said to be remaining at 3.40 Leva per pack until the end of 2009, according to this news report.

Baldur
cheers baldur cant wait onl 11more days to go yippee :sun2
Great report Dumski. We're staying in Sv Vlas end of June for 3weeks.(Watermill) First time, always been in Sunny Beach for 20+++++ visits. Sorry you didnt find the Miami, only been once about 5 years ago and a fantastic night. Must find it this year. Will report back to you, middle of July.
great report dumski we have not been to sunny beach for 5 years (we did go 4 years on the trot though ) we go back the 4th july and was wondering the prices now so thanks for that as for the miami im sorry you missed it as you say its a fantastic place we have made good friends with the owner vesco and his family but i could not tell you where abouts it is we just get a taxi thanks once again for a good report :cheers
Hi Dumski,

I've just booked an Holiday in Sunny Beach for August just wondering if you could help me out?
Would you say to take English Cash to exchange there, or exchange in England before I go, or use ATM's?
Is there Easy access to ATM's? also are they straight Forward or even in ENGLISH?
About how much you reckon for a Evening Meal Per Adult?
How much would you say take on a average night out around 10 - 15 pints of Lager?

A Few pointers to nice Pubs and Restaurants would be appreciated.

Would be very much appreciated and grateful if you could answer these Questions.

Many thanks Scottyhull,
Hi scottyhull,

As far as your currency and ATM questions are concerned, there is a long 'sticky' thread on the subject at the top of the board HERE.

If you look at my post for current cash exchange rates in Bulgaria and compare them with what UK banks/tour operators/bureaux de change, etc., are offering, you will see that it's best to buy your Leva in Bulgaria if taking cash - even better is to get yourself a Nationwide Flex or Cash Card account, which give fee-free withdrawals from Bulgarian ATMs.

Bulgarian ATMs are, of course, in Bulgarian but offer a range of languages in which to conduct transactions, including English.

Baldur
Quick question - can anyone tell me when St Vlas closes up for the winter? Thinking of going for a week from the 14th Sept and someone told me that lots of the bars and restaurants would be closed. Will everything still be open? And will the weather still be nice?
hi joolie it will still be open i think the season ends begining of oct i have been twice in sept and the weather can be very unpredictable it can also be quite cold at night and when it rains it rains heavy i might of just been unlucky both times but we now go in july hope this helps x
Thanks for that. We have got the opportunity of a week at the start of September now so think I might risk it. Defo plan to go again next year in the summer!
I always go in the 1st 2 weeks in Sept and have always had fairly decent weather. Odd thunderstorm or cloudy day but gernerally good. Last year was superb.

:sun2 Toonman
Cheers Toonman. That sound spot on for us! Will definitely go ahead and book.
Got to say that St Vlas is looking good. They have just put a new roundabout on the main road at the petrol station. Which helps slow the traffic and makes crossing there a wee bit easier. The road up from there into the village has been tidied up a fair bit, and new street lighting is going up.
The area round the fountain all seemed a lpt tidier this year as well.

I think the mystery of where Sunny Beach ends and St Vlas starts has been settled. I mentioned the moving sign a while ago on here somewhere.
Well a newer, bigger sign has gone up, just opposite Yalta, where I go, so thats it sorted.
Yalta even got the road laid while we were there. Only 3 years after the apartments were built.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.