Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Good for you Lez :) hope everything works out well for you pal.
Good on you Lez, really hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Well done Lez, I feel :mrgreen: with envy :glynis good luck to you.

Alan
hi lez are you going to live there all year round or are you going for the season , where will you be staying are you planning on renting in the north. we went last year for the first time for the season and found that we moved 3 times and we are now renting a place in agonda .
we think its a good idea to rent then you can move about , good luck anyway what a great decission , anita :fly :D

p.s. glad the banking info was useful
Nice to hear Lezlie!

I shall be out there myself from Tuesday 30th for 12 months.
I am looking forward to the Monsoon.
so the forum could start picking up again shortly with all the monsooners!
My intention is to go all year and just come home for a week or so to renew my visa.

I will probably stay in the Candolim Baga area to start.

As Anita says you can move around when you rent and that's just what I will do.(then my kids cant find me)

Only kidding I have the full support of my kids, even my friends are encouraging me to goGoa

Money wise, it makes sense to me I have a 4 bedroom house and will rent it out, my granddaughter is a student at Liverpool university and is certain she can get 3 other students to share at the right price, she is in my will anyway. (if you see what I mean) :wink:

That's plan No 1 I don't have a plan No 2. :lol:

I wonder what they put in the beer that makes perfectly sensible people up sticks and move to Goa. :shock:

Lez
PS I owe Anita A BIG Drink :glynis
another PS

Where are you staying Steve

Try to see you for a pint :glynis

Lez
we will take you up on that drink lez if our paths ever cross in goa , in your case it might have been the beer that influenced your decision , in our case it was a rainy weekend in a caravan and we ended up having a nip of whisky to keep us warm ( and another and another ) , then we planned to sell the house etc... the best plans we ever made good luck again anita :D
We are thinking of doing the same.Going to Goa in October for 6 months to see how we cope,if everything goes ok back in April then flying back in May for the monsoon season.

If we survive all this then we will sell our house back in the uk and move permantley.

jc
I see a pattern emerging here

"the Monsoon club" :lol: :lol:
hi jc where will you be staying good luck by the way anita :D
Can I ask which visa you have or are applying for. We have friends who have 5 year visas - which they were given about 6 years ago and have just been re-newed - but have been told that no more are to be issued to non-Indians. Also heard this last season of people who had requests for 1 years visas also turned down so was just wondering which you apply for to live there.
We will be getting just 6 month visas to start hence coming back after 6 months.

After that we hope to apply for extended visas,but time will tell on that one.

We have sorted somewhere to rent in Bogmalo and then decide wether to buy or not.

jc
Best wishes to you Lez,I really hope for you that all goes to plan. Keep in touch through here and it will be nice to meet up with you again,Spike.

P.S Dee just shouted ''do they have enough Gin in Goa to last all year'' :wink:
Hi ye Spike

Tell that wummen of yorn There is not enough Gin in the world

See you in Goa, Pm you soon

Lez Me

BTb I drink Brandy now Gin makes me cry when it runs out :glynis
Lezlie We shall be staying at the Prazeres in Candolim.

I had no problems Narial getting a 1 yr X visa from Birmingham. Actually its my third visa in 7 months, two of them 6 month tourist!
Change of plan 1.

I'm now going on the 10th June. For 16 days.

They put me on a bmi flight and I refused to fly with them, originally Virgin (1 bad report is ok but many bad reports is a NO, NO.

Now it is Jet Airways all the way.

:pele :pele :pele :fly :pele :pele :pele

lez
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.