Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Its still cheap to eat out in Icmeler we were there in June, we wouldnt go AI as its so cheap there, onthebeach.com for cheap hols .
Yeah, don't go AI, there are toooooo many good places to eat there!

I stayed at the Bal apartments, 10 mins walk to the centre but probably THE cleanest hotel have ever stayed in.

Prices roughly as follows:

pint 4LR

vodka/coke 7LR

decent steak 20LR

cheap meal 7LR

Hope that helps. :cheers

J.
Hi thanks both of you!

Im just looking at some holidays now but there doesnt seem to be that much difference in paying for all inclusive rather than self catering or room only really, and at least you get your alcohol at the hotel ha ha!

Hi Julian - sorry how much do they transflate to in pounds roughly? I read a few of your posts elsewhere on the forum about Turkey and you seemed like you really enjoyed it there!! :wave:

Thanks
kellyrich,

You may find members opinions on the Hotel Review section useful while researching. The L'etoile in Icmeler is pretty good when it comes to all inclusives. It's not the best hotel in the world, but the location is excellent and makes for a good base. I'll be staying their for the 5th time in a couple of weeks. Even though it's all inclusive, you can normally get good deals and it's not much more expensive than staying at a B&B or self catering if you book early (< £650 for 2 weeks including flights and transfers). You then have the option of staying in or eating out as you say. As those above have said, there's too many good places to eat out at in Icmeler at reasonable prices to tie yourself in to an all inclusive for a week or two.

There's approximately 2.4 lira to the pound (much easier than the old millions!!)

Darren
Hi Darren,

That hotel looks and sounds great but cant seem to find it on any of the holiday websiotes i am looking on, do you knwwo where i can find a holiday to this hotel?

Cheers
we are going ai next its not the food thats the problem but we go in a group and with our drinks and kids cost a fortune we will still go out occasionly but its nice to be able to realx about the money
cheapest site is direct holiday for a good hotel
as Darren says, work on 2.4 to £ therefore a pint at 4TL = £1.66

J.
Try Manos for good prices.they are part of Thomas Cook but seem to have better prices.Try and go B&B instead of SC then you wont pay an under occupancy surcharge,which can put the price up if you are booking a package.
If you go AI avoid any Litera hotels as they are not 4 star as advertised.Read the reviews of any hotel you are offered on here and Trip Advisor.
Icmeler is a fab place for eating out and is probably the only place where I wouldnt go AI or HB.The restaurants are legendary and you are really spoilt for choice.
A few bars sell Efes for 2TL which is 85p!
I am hoping to go back in September myself if I get my passport back in time. :sun2
kellyrich,

It's (L'etoile) a Thomas Cook exclusive hotel so only available through them and their sister companies; Manos, Direct Holidays etc. You can sometimes pick up a deal through independant travel agents such as Regal Travel or Hayes Travel, but it depends on availability. It could be fully booked for the rest of the season as it's quite a popular hotel because of the central location. That might be why you can't see it.

EDIT: I've just done a dummy booking and the L'etoile is showing availability though Thomas Cook. The booking I tried was for friday 17th September for a week, £462 per person based on 2 sharing a room. You'll get it for 2 weeks for not much more than that.

Darren
try icemeleronline.com donna will fix you up
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.