Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Never used one but it sounds like a good plan because the rate often dips in the peak season!

Do you have to get money out at a branch of ICICI? I'm pretty sure there is one in Calangute.
It sounds like a great idea, I'm in Goa end of November for 4 weeks, it means I would be able
to get one end of July.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has applied for one, can't really see a downside to getting one,
the rate at the moment is great, but it's bound to come down when the season starts.
Picked one up today from Manchester branch (need passport & recent utility bill/council tax bill or recent bank statement. One form & 15mins later had the card, (or rather "cards" as you get a spare incase you lose the prime card) in my hand ! :tup
A word of warning though....Ask when the card expires as was told the only stock of cards in Manchester branch expired Dec/12 !! Ok if your getting to India before Jan as you could just draw all your money out at once if staying beyond Dec. As it turned out expires March/13.
Just have to time your 170 days right ! :think
Days start from first load up not when you get your card.

Costs
350r insurance
25r if you use a non ICICI atm in India

Compared to getting a duff exchange rate & card charges for using your card abroad.............
NO BRAINER !!! :cheers
Thanks Newbie......I'll definitely get one, it just sounded to good, I thought there may be charges at the ICICI ATM for withdrawals, or some other hidden charges.
We're back in the the 23rd Dec, so I'll probably get one in the next few weeks, I'll do the same as you, go to the Manchester branch.
Cheers.....Barney
This card seems to be the way to go, am i understanding it correctly, in that the day you load it up you get that days rate ?? also when in goa how much can you draw out at one time as we dont go into calangut that often
You can withdraw the whole 50.000 at once if you wish, I got mine a couple of weeks ago at 85 rupees to the pound.
Can you get more than one card as 50000 is only about £600
Not in your own name, but you could in your other half's name.
I got just under 50.000 rupees, it cost me £588.
Thanks Barney

Think me n mrs will be paying a visit to Leeds soon
hullsmoggy wrote:
Thanks Barney

Think me n mrs will be paying a visit to Leeds soon

ICICI has now changed the application process and you can do it by post.
I have just completed the application form online anbd printed it off to post. Just need copy of passport, proof of address and a passport sized photo. Hope its a good as it sounds!
Has anybody heard anything bad about these cards?
Been told about a few complaints littering Facebook.
Seems a few people have put money in but it has not shown up on the card.
It may just be that you have to wait a few days for the bank transfer?

Our cards arrived today.
Just waiting for the green light.
The exchange rate is dropping by the day
Hi SteveandJane
I have one of these cards and loaded £10 a week ago just to make sure that it worked, this is still not credited to my card but ICICI now say that it will be cleared by Thursday. A friend of mine loaded his card on Monday and had it credited the same day so I guess I am just unlucky.
I will post an update when something happens.

Al
Do you have to use cash to put on this card or can you use a debit card. Going to leeds on monday to get one. Also how do you check that the money has been credited to the card
Hi Hullsmoggy

I bought mine on-line using a debit card, then printed the form and posted it ( the address is given during the on-line application ).
Once my debit card had been processed I received an e-mail to say that just under 50.000 INR had been loaded onto the card at a rate of 85.1 INR to the £. Cost to me £588
I'm more than happy with that, as I'm sure the rate will come down nearer to the start of the season, and even if it doesn't it means that I don't have to carry as much cash with me, when we travel in November, in fact I'm thinking of getting another in my wife's name.

Regards........Barney
Hi

I posted applciation off last Thursday and received automated email on Friday to say they have received
Received another email on Tuesday to say application successful and pack sent out
Home from work on Tuesday to find pack aready waiting, including cards, pin numbers etc.

Still can't access web page so I imagaine I am waiting for another email to say the account is now "LIVE?"

Have tried the default password of letters, 4 numbers that they tell you to but still cant access????
In your second email it will say you can load the card. In the pack it will say your card will activate when you use it in India.
I too am expecting another email but I have also transferred £20 as a trial
Cheers S&J. Think my issue is logging on to the website to transfer funds. Says not recognised for some reason when using first 4 letters of first name in caps followed by last 4 numbers on card. Just keeps telling me that password has been pre-set to name and number. Will check to see what they have down as my first name! :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.