General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
They drive me potty Fiona. I suppose it's to try & make you feel guilty if you don't click to share that you support Cancer/Troops or love your sister :duh I usually 'hide' them as they get on my nerves.
They do my head in too along with the numerous " heart warming/sad stories" that seem to circulate over and over again
Im glad its not just me that is getting annoyed with these "sympathy" posts!

I read an interesting article about them and basically they sell the pages to a company and the company just changes the name of the page... Then said company has a million people they can market to.. Voila! lol
It's one of the main things that make me think I'm going to ditch FB! Its more the ignorant people who 'like' and share, I usually cull where I can! As phil suggests its just a ploy to sell pages, likes mean money so it seems!
Its a shame you cant hide said posts, well you can but you have to see them to hide them lol Catch 22!
also phil if you are unlucky and have the new timeline you need 3 A levels to find the hide button )
Too right they are making it harder and harder to find the hide buttons!!

I wish you could just say "no I dont want spam that is being shared round" or anything with over X amount of likes goes into a different list!

Wishful thinking!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.