Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi Llindy

There is no separate channel for passport control but here are several queues and it's usually just a case of picking the shortest one as everyone goes through the same area to baggage reclaim.

You should be given the immigration forms on the plane so have your pen and passports handy. If they don't give you them on the plane they will be available when you get off the bus and walk into the terminal building.

You will find there are two sections with much the same information on each and you should fill in both sections, when you go through passport control they will check your passport and the details on the form then stamp and keep the top section, when they give you back your passport it will have the second section inside and you should keep this for the duration of the holiday but if you do lose or misplace it don't worry as they will be available upstairs just before you go back through passport control on the way home. DO NOT let anyone fool you into thinking they should be paid to fill it in for you just make sure you have it filled in before you approach the desk and then they won't get the chance to dupe you ;)
Oh and remember if you do have any spare dinars and they ask just say no you don't have any, always a good idea to keep them in your purse or bag rather than your pocket though as if you have coins and you bleep going through security they will say oh dear you arent allowed those and they will go straight into thier pockets! I only made that mistake once lol

hope this helps a bit

leanna xx
You just beat me to it Leanna, but you have covered all bases. It really is a pity that a few officials seem determined to line their own pockets at the expense of Anglo-Tunisian relations but there is no way that we should let them get away with it.
thank you very much , will show this to hubby so he doesn't think i'm going mad, another reason why i cant keep away , if i hadn't read about it would be none the wiser
Comming home from Tunisia at security they opened my purse and found I had some dinars but they didnt take them off me,the reps will tell you that you cant use dinars after security,but you can,in the snack bar.
Too right Crispy, both at Monastir and Tunis, and for some reason the price seems to be better in dinars than sterling, at least in Monastir. :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.