Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
indochina tour
4 Posts
Hi Nanette,
can only speak for our experience of Cambodia where US dollars were widely used. You could even get dollars out of the ATM's.

Certainly enjoyed Siem Reap, what with all the temples and the evenings spent down the night market and Pub Street with its host of restaurants and bars.
Nanette

One of my favourite parts of the world, especially Laos. I've visited all three countries the last one was Laos in 2008. I changed US$ into Lao Kip at the border as I had been told beforehand by a regular traveller to the country that Kip was what was preferred in shops and restaurants. It's seven years since I was in Vietnam and most hotels and shops wanted dollars then, but I believe now that the Vietnam currency the VND(Dong) is preferred though you can usually pay in either, but be careful of the rates of exchange.. I found Cambodia prices were mostly in dollars though change was often given in the local currency. I think that dollars can be exchanged much easier than pounds. .

A friend travelled to Indochina with VJV, probably the tour you are taking and she has made only positive comments to me about the holiday. If you haven't travelled with them before I think you will find them pretty efficient, I went with VJV to Oman in October and was highly satisfied.
Thanks Sunbear & Judith, we're really looking forwrad to our trip, we have been to India and Thailand, but have always wanted to see Indochina

Nanette
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.