Hi,
please don't redirect me to hotel reviews as I've done that. Would like to hear from anyone who holidayed in May/ June time at other hotels in Lara. (See below)
We've just come back from staying at The Baia Lara Hotel. Great apart from the following:
Daytime activities were very low key and we are used to fun and games in the pool as well as the usual water polo darts, shooting, archery, boules. Entertainment at night consisted of acrobat shows (loads of them). Good but after you've seen one they all do virtually the same tricks. Entertainment team chief compered one animacion show per week that was short but not sweet. The other ten in the team, just stood there on the stage doing nothing! These ampitheatre shows were followed by live bands in a bar that were mundane except for a Saturday party which did have a good band before a DJ took over. The disco was always empty as every other song was turkish. The main bar was boring; just an accordion playing and the Cannes festival repeatedly on tv's (no volume allowed).
When it rained (we had 3 days) there was absolutely nothing to do. You could of course pay for bowling at a cost of £5 per head for a game that lasted 10 mins or use a heavily chlorined indoor pool. Not what we expect when we've paid a lot of money for all inclusive; entertainment being part of the package.
We watched a dvd of the hotel before booking, which I might add was constantly shown on hotel tv's. None of the animacion activities on it ever took place. Again, prior to booking we checked when the season started and were told that everything would be running at full pace at the time we were there, (mid - end of May).
So, whilst this is an amazing hotel in all other aspects it was not for us and is suited to those with very young children or older people who like to laze by the pool or beach and after dining have a swift drink and off to bed.
So we wonder if anyone can give info on hotels in the area that are more lively for activities & entertainment as we are looking to go back to Turkey next year. Ages of our group are: 22, 28, 32, 44; we are not party animals just guests who like to participate and have a fun time.
Thankyou for any help