Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
i do work for a tour operator and to be honest, it depends on the contract the hotel have with the tour operator. the tour operator will be allowed to sell so many rooms at the hotel, and then have to give the hotel the names for those rooms usually two weeks before.

if however, the names are fed straight to the hotel, then it is worth contacting them now, and again a couple of weeks before you arrive.
Thanks Melh,
I suppose I've nothing to lose by doing it twice just to be safe. Have to find an e-mail address now though :think
I'm not a travel agent, but I would suggest the same Shirley, do it twice, once now just on the off chance they already have your booking, but more importantly a week before you go as I am sure that is a much more likely time for hotels to look at allocating rooms.

Infact the last few holidays I have emailed about 48 hours before travelling and have had all of my room requests honoured.
Thanks Doe,
I'm struggling to find an e-mail address. Think I'll request it from the TO
Hi Louise,
we're staying at the socrates studios in Stalis/Malia, Crete.I've e-mailed Thomson and am waiting for a reply.
Hi Shirley.

I found this on http://www.holidays-malia.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=30

info@holidays-malia.com

The photo is the same as Thomson website.

(Mods, sorry to post a direct link - I still can't do the linky thing. Remove if necessary)

Louise
  • Edited by David 2008-05-20 20:23:12
    Hi Louise .. it's fine to post a link, but unfortunately not to reproduce content. For copyright reasons, I have edited the post, but all the info is still available via the link which you supplied.
Thanks so much for looking for me Louise. I found that info as well and wasn't sure it was the contact I required. However, I e-mailed them and had an almost immediate reply. Thanks again anyway.
David thank you. Peter Of York gave me explicit instructions but I still can't do the linky thing!

Hey Shirley, what a team!

Louby
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.