General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi,
Go to the Orange website and your question will be answered there,as my hubby is on Orange Network.But its 24 hours notice I think I read.

Angie.
Thanks so much Angie. I'm worse than useless with phones!
I've never actually set mine up for international roaming - I just tried it once and it worked first time. I'm on Pay as you Go - not sure if this makes a difference or not.
Me too, but I have a 20 year old son and of course at that age he knows everything about mobiles. Thank heavens, so I just call on his help when I get stuck.
Corrine & Angie - pay as you go phones normally work. They automatically search for the service providers in the country you are visiting. Contract phones have to be set up for "international roaming" before you go.
I'm on Orange contract and never realised you had to inform them before using the phone abroad. I have never had any problems using mine in Greece and haven't set up any roaming etc. Maybe I've just been lucky?!
Depending on your contract international roaming will come pre-loaded (switched on) when you buy your contract.

PAYG tend to already be set up because the calls cost a fortune on PAYG and the phone companies want you to make lots of lovely calls and texts back to the UK :duh

You can go online at all of the mobile phone companies and register....you can then check whether your on IR or not and arrange to have it turned on, but that has to be done before you go away as was previously said
Thanks for that I went away twice last year - once to Costa Del Sol & once to Crete and forgot that I was on contract. My phone wouldn't work in either place. What's odd though is that my daughter & SIL went to Egypt a couple of weeks ago, - they're both with the same company and on the same contract- yet his phone worked fine and hers didn't :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.